Sales Director (On-site or Remote)
Brooklyn, NY /
HowGood – Innovation /
Does showing a food service provider how they could save 250 thousand metric tonnes of carbon (just by modifying a few ingredients) interest you?
Are you sick of ‘selling data’ but love sales and want to do something more meaningful?Do you believe our food system is broken?
Want to help companies make better choices to lower impact?
If you’re an experienced SaaS seller who answered YES to the above questions, then we would like to talk to you!
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact. HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
HowGood is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and tenacious SaaS Sales Director (individual contributor) to drive growth of Latis, our sustainability intelligence platform. Your focus will be on identifying and signing new clients to the Latis platform. Experience selling a SaaS is critical, as is an interest (or previous experience) in sustainability.
This role will be US based, but will be remote.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Note: applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed - part of the role is effective email communication, so a cover letter allows us to get a sense of your personal style.
Success at HowGood looks like….
- Meeting or exceeding sales quotas and pipeline generation goals
- Enhanced connectivity between HowGood customers, generating a network effect of sustainability transformation across the world’s food & agriculture system.
- Predictable revenue and accurate forecasting
- A sense of accomplishment that you’ve made an impact on improving the earth’s food supply.
What you’ll bring to HowGood....
- You must be passionate about creating a positive impact in the world, and excited to learn about agriculture, sustainability, and transforming the global food system.
- Recent experience calling on CPG, retail, ingredient suppliers and food service clients.
- You’re a natural at sales presentations to prospects at all levels. You spend the time researching a prospect and will effectively convey how the HowGood platform can deliver value in terms of sales lift, carbon emission reduction and improvements in ESG goals.
- You know how to generate your own leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as leveraging SDR, Marketing and PR activities of HowGood.
- You’ve had at least 5 years experience in SaaS sales and know how to rock a quota, closing $100k+ deals with a track record of exceeding quota.
Nice to have…..
- Thought-leadership (and public speaking) in agriculture, sustainability, product development, supply systems, innovation, transparency, biodiversity, labor risk, or nutrition.
- Capacity for big-picture strategic thinking and customer-oriented innovation.
- Experience prospecting; you will be responsible for sourcing most of your own leads.
- Identify trends within the market and help be a changemaker. Relay ideas back to the sales and product teams to further inform product roadmap.
Competitive benefits package available (including flexible PTO and 401k program), with salary starting from $115k (plus no cap on commissions and a healthy commission rate!) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Most of our team members are fully remote with occasional travel to conferences or team retreats.
Again, please submit a cover letter with your resume!
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.