Business Operations & Strategy (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
🎯 The Mission
HumanFirst is bringing healthcare home by enabling the planning, integration and analysis of wearables, sensors and apps into clinical trials.
🔎 The Problem
Clinical trials and care are challenged by lack of access for historically underserved or underrepresented populations. Only 5% of an eligible population enrolls in a clinical trial. Digital technologies have the potential to change that by shifting more care to the home or non-traditional settings, driving a better understanding of patients’ needs, improving access to medicines, and fostering greater inclusivity. But we need the infrastructure to deploy these technologies safely and equitably at scale.
🔑 The Solution
HumanFirst builds workflow solutions to evaluate and deploy wearables and sensors for health monitoring at home. 22 of the top 25 Pharma companies have used our platform to evaluate and execute digital measurement strategies for decentralized trials. We “wrote the book” on incorporating digital measures into trials with the Digital Medicine Society (DiMe) and industry stakeholders. By providing the tools, resources, and guidance necessary to move forward in the new era of digital healthcare, HumanFirst is advancing the safe, effective, and equitable use of digital medicine in real-life settings.
We closed a Series A round led by Maverick Ventures, with Lux Capital and Threshold Ventures, and other leading investors - bringing total funding to $15M. We’re well funded, growing, and on a hunt for the best Humans to join our small and mighty team.
👩🏾💻 The Role
HumanFirst’s BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve our toughest cross-functional problems. This is a unique opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility across the organization
🔩 What you will do:
- Partner with the HumanFirst leadership team to identify and solve the most pressing problems at the company
- Own strategic projects and initiatives that will enhance our operational capabilities (e.g. evaluate our marketing strategy to boost our pipeline, scale our CX team by rethinking processes and tooling, build cross-functional dashboards to highlight opportunities across sales, marketing, CX, and product)
- Partner with every function in the business and act as a “hub” who helps drive our strategy by synthesizing insights and setting actionable plans
- Create and maintain the financial model and track key company-level success metrics
📃 What you have:
- Analytically-minded: 2-5+ years of experience in combined across an analytical role (e.g. bizops, consulting, finance), and startups
- Problem solver: you enjoy using first principles thinking to breakdown complex problems , learning new tools and skills, and thinking
- Self-starter: proven ability to roll up your sleeves and have a strong bias towards action
- Communicator: you can translate complicated analysis into compelling narratives, and seamlessly oscillate between 30,000 and 3-foot perspectives
- Multi-tasker: you can set priorities while remaining flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Mission-oriented: you’re excited to help bring healthcare home by incorporating digital measures into clinical trials
⚡ HumanFirst Values
Human first. We strive to reduce human suffering - for those who make, use, and are supported by our products. Empathize: take the time to understand and share needs, frustrations, and desires.
Scientific rigor with playful curiosity. We revere the scientific method and develop novel approaches when existing methods no longer serve the question at hand. Breakthroughs occur when the mind is engaged, open, and curious.
Obligation to speak up. Every member of the team, regardless of rank, is obligated to dissent if s/he disagrees with a prevailing decision and to take the initiative to propose an alternative hypothesis.
Own your craft. Like first-class craftsmen, we never stop learning and striving toward mastery.
Both relationships and autonomy matter. We believe in the non-duality of cultivating a strong community while protecting individual liberties.
Every minute counts. Every moment matters when human health is at stake. We act swiftly, resourcefully, and intentionally -- speed is a habit.
HumanFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.