Content Editor Intern
Boston, MA or Remote
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Content Editor Intern will focus on writing, editing, and publishing content on our blog and YouTube account. You will work with athletes and fitness experts to edit articles and stage and publish through our CMS. You will work with athletes and our Social Media team to publish YouTube videos and shorts. You will also have the opportunity to strategize on blog, YouTube, and Social Media content to try to maximize views and website traffic. The internship is a 10-15 hour per week commitment.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Coordinate with in-house experts on blog and video assignments and submission deadlines to adhere to an editorial calendar of roughly four blog posts per week
- Coordinate with external contractors on blog assignments
- Review blog content for spelling, grammar, style, structure, and SEO best practices
- Stage and publish blog content in web content management system (CMS)
- Strategize blog repurposing opportunities for Hydrow’s YouTube channel and Social Media accounts
- Provide editorial feedback for in-house videos
- Manage publication of roughly three YouTube videos per week
- Opportunity to write some original content and come up with topic ideas
- Opportunity to analyze website traffic and engagement metrics of blogs and videos
WHO YOU ARE
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO)
- Hands-on experience with a content management system such as WordPress
- Video experience such as YouTube
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- You meet deadlines and produce quality work
- Experience: Great opportunity for a recent graduate with a degree in communication, journalism, creative writing, or marketing or someone who wants to get involved in these fields
- Location: Preferred to be based in the Boston, MA area
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, for that reason if you don't meet 100% of the job description, that's okay! Please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🚣 Free Membership to the Hydrow App and access to a free Hydrow
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
Hydrow is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information entered by an employer from an employee’s Form I-9, to records available from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility.