New York /
Abacus Works is looking for a Tech Lead to work on Hyperlane, the first permissionless interoperability layer!
The Hyperlane protocol is pioneering permissionless and modular interoperability. Providing developers with an API to connect between blockchains, Hyperlane is the first tool that allows anyone to add interoperability capabilities to any chain, without having to deal with any gatekeeping! Hyperlane's modular security stack means developers can configure and customize their security to their needs, always remaining in control.
Come build the interchain with us!
Learn more at docs.hyperlane.xyz
In this role you will
* Be Abacus Works' first engineering hire explicitly having people management responsibilities on the engineering team which is primarily spread across our London and New York offices
* Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and high performance.
* Provide technical guidance and support to engineers, assisting in problem-solving and overcoming challenges
* Conduct regular performance evaluations, set performance goals, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
* Identify and nurture talent within the team, fostering professional growth and providing opportunities for skill development and career advancement.
* Scale the engineering team by identifying leads, screening and interviewing candidates for technical skills and cultural fit, as well as improve our engineering hiring processes more generally.
* Still be coding, i.e.
* Build out core functionality of the protocol (e.g. interchain gas payments)
* Develop libraries, APIs, services, and documentation for developers building with Hyperlane (e.g. an interchain block explorer)
* Deploy and maintain on and off-chain production services
For this role you have or are:
* 1+ years of experience of building and managing high-productivity engineering teams
* 2+ years of experience working with Ethereum or similar blockchain-based smart contract platforms
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to operate independently under uncertainty
* Strong sense of initiative and ownership
* The drive, intensity, and motivation to perform at a world class level
* Are a crypto native
*BONUS: Experience working on developer products