At Inscribe, we want to change the way businesses trust their customers. Today, businesses are losing billions every year to fraudulent applications from customers that contain misleading and false information. Lending companies, insurers, governments, and marketplaces all suffer these huge losses. We want to change this by analysing customer applications to predict if a customer is fraudulent.
We are based in San Francisco, CA with an engineering office in Dublin, Ireland. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator, Crosslink Capital, Uncork Capital, and SV Angel.
As a Data Scientist at Inscribe, you will be tasked with turning huge amounts of data into useful fraud signals. The role will require you to research and deploy the latest methods in anomaly detection, predictive modelling, classification and optimization. You will be expected to have significant autonomy, and proactively work with across teams and customers to bring your solutions to life.
- Design, develop and deploy fraud detection models
- Develop creative ways to find and use data that significantly impact our fraud detection abilities
- Build a measurement and monitoring process to track the performance of existing and future models
- Research latest methods used in academic research and industry
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of these new statistical approaches and data sources
- Propose and execute solutions to ill-defined problems while maintaining a business perspective
- Collaborate with our engineering, product sales teams and our customers to identify, prioritise and solve complex fraud vectors
- Mentor team members and evangelize the power of data science
- Experience using machine learning to solve real-world problems with large datasets
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms including classifiers, clustering algorithms, and anomaly detection
- Strong programming skills in Python, or similar languages
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Excellent social, written, and verbal communication skills
- Confidence working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Comfortable handling projects of significant complexity and ambiguity
- An ability to work within a cross-functional team and with customers and communicate complex findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
At Inscribe, we are building a company and culture where everyone can produce their best work. To achieve this, we are creating an environment that is inclusive of diverse backgrounds and encourages a sustainable work-life balance.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fast-paced work environment with a unique opportunity to assume significant responsibility
- Paid health care, complete work from home setup, and fitness reimbursements
- Flexible hours and remote working