At Inscribe, we want to change the way businesses trust their customers. Today, businesses are losing billions every year to fraudulent applications from customers that contain misleading and false information. Lending companies, insurers, governments, and marketplaces all suffer these huge losses. We want to change this by analysing customer applications to predict if a customer is fraudulent.
We are based in San Francisco, CA with an engineering office in Dublin, Ireland. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator, Crosslink Capital, Uncork Capital, and SV Angel.
Inscribe is seeking an entrepreneurial and creative Data Analyst to develop our data analytics and business intelligence function from the ground up. In this role, you will be responsible for driving a culture of data-based decisioning and supporting each business function to derive insights from our data. This is a high leverage role that will enable Inscribe to scale faster, make smarter decisions and provide more value to our customers.
- Partner with teams across the company (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Product, etc.) to identify important questions and derive answers from our data
- Develop hypotheses and prove or disprove these through research, data interpretation and visualisation
- Implement dashboards that report on key metrics and highlight relevant business trends
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to investigate operational issues
- Design, build and maintain our data analytics and business intelligence infrastructure
- Communicate your insights in a compelling, well-designed and understandable way that prompts action and deeper understanding
- Advocate for data-driven decisions and educate teams on best practices and tooling
- Have 2+ years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Knowledge of data analytical tools with strong experience with SQL, Python, R, relational databases, data visualisation, etc.
- You are a self-guided individual that thrives in ambiguous environments
- Are naturally curious and willing to dig deeply into a problem to find a solution
- Have strong data visualisation skills and the ability to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have a constant desire to improve the status quo
- Bonus: basic programming abilities in languages such as Python
At Inscribe, we are building a company and culture where everyone can produce their best work. To achieve this, we are creating an environment that is inclusive of diverse backgrounds and encourages a sustainable work-life balance.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fast-paced work environment with a unique opportunity to assume significant responsibility
- Paid health care, complete work from home setup, and fitness reimbursements
- Flexible hours and remote working