(Senior) Manager, People Strategy & Projects
South San Francisco, CA /
People – General and Administrative /
insitro is transforming the way drugs are discovered through industry-leading, innovative applications of data at scale and machine learning. Our success depends on our ability to find, keep and grow amazing, diverse talent and build a collaborative, high-performing, inclusive and equitable, ever-learning culture that makes our team far greater than the sum of its parts. The (Senior) Manager, People Strategy & Projects will be a key leader in bringing our people vision and strategy to life and making the insitro employee experience one that sets a new standard for our industry.
In this role, you will work directly with our Chief People Officer and other leaders in the People team and across insitro to shape our People strategy and our key initiatives, and to help many of them come to fruition successfully. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to apply strong business generalist skills from management consulting and operating roles in creating tremendous impact for our company and our people, and to personally learn and develop in their career as a future People function leader.
This role would ideally be based in South San Francisco, with a hybrid approach of a few days per week in the office and the option for a few other days from home or elsewhere; however we will consider candidates in other US locations on a case-by-case basis. The role reports directly to insitro’s Chief People Officer and will be a key member of the People Leadership Team (PLT).
- Work closely with our Chief People Officer and the PLT on strategic narrative, roadmap and priorities, and content for board and executive team
- Support other PLT leaders and lead special projects driving the People team's highest priorities, including people development, diversity equity & inclusion, total rewards, etc.
- Help design, incubate and launch targeted new people programs and initiatives to enhance our employees’ experience, growth, and impact
- Drive people analytics with an eye toward insight-driven decisions for leaders at all levels, generating and working with people-related data across multiple systems and contexts
- Manage our people technology and partner ecosystem, working with the PLT and other leaders across insitro to identify where to prioritize investment
- Perform ‘competitive intelligence’ in researching and staying current with best practices, innovations and trends in people strategy among peer companies and in our industry
- Develop new practices, processes, tools, and infrastructure to help the People team work together more effectively and efficiently
- Motivated by challenges and bring a positive tone, growth mindset, an eye for solutions and proactive energy for rolling up your sleeves and building from scratch
- Comfortable and even energized by ambiguity and constant change
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust and relationships with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds at all levels
- An exceptional communicator in both written (memos, Powerpoint) and verbal interactions who can distill complex information and questions to be digestible by others
- A strongly analytical thinker, fluent with data and analytics and having strong instincts on how to leverage technology and process for data integrity
- Deeply responsible and accountable with a strong attention to detail and organization, meaning your team never drops the many things you are juggling
- Continually questioning the status quo, as you look for opportunities to innovate and break convention where you think better results can be achieved
- Passionate about making a difference in the world and for patients
- 5+ total years of professional experience with:
- At least 2-3 years experience in management consulting or a similar project-based strategy role, ideally with projects or time spent working on people-related initiatives and topics (e.g., change management/transformation, talent management, human capital strategy, etc.)
- Ideally 2+ years operating experience in a highly technical organization (e.g., machine learning, data science, biology or chemistry lab science, etc.) and/or a high-growth organization/start-up
- Ideally an MBA
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage; insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees
- Excellent mental health and well-being support
- Open vacation policy
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive pay and 401(k) matching
- Flexible work schedule (on site and remote)
insitro is a data-driven drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and developed for patients. insitro is developing predictive machine learning models to discover underlying biologic state based on human cohort data and in-house generated cellular data at scale. These predictive models can be brought to bear on key bottlenecks in pharmaceutical R&D to advance novel targets and patient biomarkers, design therapeutics, and inform clinical strategy. insitro is advancing a wholly owned and partnered pipeline of biologic insights and molecules in neuroscience and metabolic diseases. Since formation in mid 2018, insitro has raised over $700 million from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors and from collaborations with pharmaceutical partners. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.