Account Executive Sales Manager
Instrumentl is growing! We are seeking a dynamic Account Executive Sales Manager to play a transformative role in expanding our company's footprint. This person will lead and mentor our sales team, develop innovative sales strategies, nurture client relationships, and enhance overall performance. If you're excited to ensure the growth trajectory and long-term success of a mission-driven company, this role is made for you.
Instrumentl (YC S16) is the best platform for nonprofits and grant writers looking to grow revenue. We help over 3,000 organizations to manage their institutional fundraising and win more grants by bringing discovery, tracking and grant management to one place.
Our mission is to be a force multiplier on the nonprofit sector. We’re profitable and doubling year-over-year, with strong product-market fit (NPS is 60+).
About the role:
As the Account Executive Sales Manager at Instrumentl, you will lead and inspire a team of highly motivated AEs, nurturing a best-in-class sales culture. You will also champion new sales initiatives, enhance communications, and work closely with senior leadership across departments to maximize opportunities. We’ll expect you to convey warmth, kindness, and competence in your approach.
You'll be the 10th member of the Sales team, working closely with:
- Alia, Griffin, Joshua, Karen, Katie, Mary, and Whitney, our Account Executives
- Gabe, Head of Sales
- Maud, Sales Operations and Strategy Lead
Get to know us at instrumentl.com/about!
The Instrumentl team is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental U.S. or Canada.
What you'll get to do:
- Leadership & Team Management:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of motivated Account Executives
- Conduct regular sales trainings and coaching sessions to level up our growing team of AEs
- Create a highly effective sales enablement process for new employees and veteran team members
- Sales Strategy & Execution:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans tailored for the nonprofit sector
- Monitor and analyze sales metrics, identifying areas of opportunity and improvement
- Provide the team with excellent communication templates, and train AEs on best practices in sales copywriting
- Provide leadership at our OKR level for key initiatives across the team including pricing experiments, onboarding experiments, follow-up improvements, etc.
- Work closely with other departments (Marketing, Product, Customer Support) to align strategies and maximize sales opportunities
- Share feedback from clients to inform product development and marketing strategies
- Understand client needs and tailor our solutions to meet those requirements
- Handle escalated client concerns, ensuring resolution and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction
- Reporting & Analysis:
- Provide regular sales forecasts to senior management via forecast meetings
- Analyze market trends and competitor activities to inform sales strategies
- Ensure the use of CRM and sales tools for optimal team performance and reporting
- Use data to help your AEs identify and understand their key levers for improvement
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience: ideally, you have a background in Sales and Account Management at a B2B SaaS company.
- 2+ years of management experience: you have previously managed high-performing sales teams.
- Empathetic leadership: you demonstrate concern for the well-being of all team members, and help to ensure that their needs and those of the organization are met.
- Customer engagement: you show that both prospective and current customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely manner.
- Upskilling: you have a track record of providing Account Executives with the resources and training needed to reach new levels of attainment.
- Sales copywriting: you have excellent copywriting skills and a strong desire to lead the charge for our team in elevating our written communication.
- Proactive approach: you recognize opportunities and take action to capitalize on them. You're always looking for new ways to make an impact.
- Growth mindset: you welcome feedback, champion new ideas, and encourage others to do likewise.
- Grace under pressure: you are comfortable in fast-paced environments, and you bring a dose of humility and a sense of humor to work every day.
- Passion for our mission: you appreciate the transformative work that nonprofits do in challenging environments, and you are committed to helping them succeed!
What to expect:
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role here - you won’t be bored! You’ll be an early member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge part in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
- We’re customer-focused. We routinely seek feedback from our customers to improve the Instrumentl experience for everyone. Our first company value is "The customer is the hero" and we mean it.
- We love to experiment. Our team is constantly generating new concepts and iterating to see what works - ideation and experimentation are essential here. "Bend the curve" is another key company value.
- We’re approachable and collaborative. Everyone has a voice, and we’re all building Instrumentl together.
- We kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary + equity ($150,000 - $180,000/yr)
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (50% for dependents)
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + stipend to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success!
The pay range listed for this position assumes residency in California; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
Ready to apply?
Using the Apply button below, submit your responses to the following questions:
1. What excites you the most about joining the Instrumentl team?
2. Why are you the ideal candidate for the AE Sales Manager role?
3. What is your desired salary range?
Along with your answers, please include your resume or CV.
Instrumentl is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!