Revenue Operations Manager
Instrumentl is growing our team! We are hiring a remote Revenue Operations Manager to help us build a foundation for excellence by reinforcing revenue strategy with metrics, infrastructure, business processes, and best practices. This position will report directly to the Head of Sales but will be cross-functional and work with all members of the leadership team on different initiatives. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing, profitable SaaS company that has already scaled to 2,700+ customers. Join us!
Instrumentl (YC S16) is the best platform for nonprofits and grant writers looking to grow revenue. Through a personalized process, grant seekers can discover, research, and track their grants all in one place. Our mission is to be a force multiplier on the nonprofit sector. We’re profitable and doubling year-over-year, with strong product-market fit (NPS is 60+).
The Instrumentl team is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for candidates based in the continental U.S. or Canada.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead the charge in making our disparate data sets trusted assets in our decision-making processes
- Help us answer key questions about what is driving retention, close rates, activation rates, and more across the revenue organization
- Work cross-functionally to own analyses, modeling, strategy, and business metrics that help Instrumentl reach new levels of growth
- Define and measure KPIs, create forecasts, and build dashboards for the teams to easily understand the health of the business, and identify opportunities and create strategies to help them hit their goals
- Help design territory and verticals for account ownership - ensure our sales team has equity in lead distribution
- Lead process changes around new tools and ensure that we're optimizing the tools we currently use
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience: You've worked in a high-velocity startup environment where you helped empower decisions with accurate data and repeatable processes. Alternatively, you have a background in investment banking or management consulting doing data analysis work.
- Clarity from chaos: You are driven to find ways to interconnect disparate data to help drive clarity for revenue and business decisions. You have a clear understanding of revenue funnels and how to measure them.
- Process design: You have the ability to create repeatable processes that maximize both tools and team for the biggest impact. You enjoy working collaboratively to roll new processes out to team members.
- Planning: You are proactive in spotting revenue opportunities and inefficiencies and will define and execute projects, reporting the results to leadership.
- Data-driven approach: You understand the value of coherent data as the foundation of key decisions. You find joy in making disparate data sets match. You’ve used data visualization tools to provide actionable insights and reusable frameworks.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You enjoy working across a mix of proactive projects and reactive support for business stakeholders in different departments.
- Analytical skills: Pivot tables and regression analyses are just part of your analytical toolkit. You know when it’s best to use an index match vs. a vlookup.
- Bonus: You’ve used Close.io, Google Analytics, Intercom, or Heap.
- Bonus: You’ve worked in a PLG environment before.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary + equity ($100,000 - $120,000/year)
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (50% for dependents)
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + stipend to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success!
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role here - you won’t be bored! You’ll be the 40th member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge part in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
- We’re customer-focused. We are paranoid about shipping things that won't be valuable to our customers, and deeply involve our customers in our product development process. Our first company value is "The customer is the hero" and we mean it.
- We love to experiment. Our team is constantly generating new concepts and iterating to see what works - ideation and experimentation are essential here. "Bend the curve" is another key company value.
- We’re approachable and collaborative. Everyone has a voice, and we’re all building Instrumentl together.
- We kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
Ready to apply?
Click on the Apply button below and share your responses to the following prompts:
1. What excites you most about joining the Instrumentl team?
2. Why are you the ideal candidate for the Revenue Operations Manager role?
3. What is the most impactful data project you've worked on?
4. Have you developed revenue forecasting models in your previous roles? Please describe the approach you used and the outcome of these models.
5. What is your desired salary range?
Along with your answers, please attach your CV or resume.
Instrumentl is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!