Experienced Full Stack Web Developer - PHP (Remote)
New York, NY /
Intercarve is looking for a fully-remote Full Stack Web Developer to be our technical lead for an important client with a legacy LAMP stack.
Recruiters, head-hunters, and staffing firms: do not contact us, we will not respond.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Must be physically located in the United States, but not in California.
Required Skills for Full Stack Web Developer - PHP
- PHP 7+
- HTML, Bootstrap4 framework
- Git (from the command line!)
- REST APIs
- Solid understanding of relational database design and best practices.
- Some experience with AWS
- Ability to quickly understand and work with unfamiliar, complex code, while maintaining coding standards.
- Great analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development practices pertaining to modern web applications.
Responsibilities for Full Stack Web Developer - PHP
- Work directly with client to understand business requirements for new features.
- Implement programming changes using PHP, MySQL, Bootstrap4, and jQuery.
- Diagnose and resolve trouble reports.
- Communicate with client on development priorities and progress.
Required Qualifications for Full Stack Web Developer - PHP
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be physically located in the United States, but not in California.
Our Ideal Candidate for Full Stack Web Developer - PHP
- Is passionate about web application development, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Has the ability and desire to use their strong communication skills to work daily with clients, co-workers, and vendors to unravel and solve hard technical problems.
- Can demonstrate their ability to develop web applications of various sizes from start to finish, using a variety of scripting languages and tools.
- Can show their capacity to write maintainable code and explain how they are able to juggle projects of varying magnitudes, through strong organizational skills and self discipline
- We are currently not accepting applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship in order to work in the United States.
- We are currently not accepting applications from candidates who are physically located in the state of California.
- Recruiters, head-hunters, and staffing firms: do not contact us, we will not respond.
• Unlimited paid time off
• Health insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Intercarve offers a comprehensive employee benefit plan. You'll choose from three health plan options:
• a High Deductible Health Plan with a company contribution towards your Health Savings Account, with no employee contributions required towards health plan premiums
• a health plan with no deductible for doctors’ office visits (there is a deductible for some covered laboratory, imaging, and hospital-provided services)
• a health plan with no deductible for any covered services.
• Co-pays may apply for some covered services for all three plans.
• All our health plan choices offer access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield health care network. Monthly employee contributions for the non-High • Deductible Health Plans range from $45 per month for a single enrollee to $356 per month for a family.
Intercarve offers a dental plan that provides unlimited annual dental benefit amounts for covered procedures and allows you to use the dentist of your choice.
SIMPLE IRA with company match
Life and Disability
• Short-term disability insurance – some states require that short-term disability coverage be provided; if your state doesn’t require short-term disability insurance, we provide it.
• Long-term disability insurance – Intercarve provides employer-paid long-term disability coverage equal to 50% of your salary, up to a maximum benefit of $5,000 per month.
• Life insurance - Intercarve provides employer-paid life and accidental death insurance equal to 1 time your annual salary, up to a maximum benefit of $100,000.
This list presents highlights of the Intercarve employee benefits plan and is not comprehensive or all-encompassing, nor is it a guarantee of coverage. Should you apply for a position at Intercarve, you’ll be given the opportunity to review benefit plan options in greater detail.
We are a small, growing team that provides custom software development services to clients nationwide. We build custom business products, API platforms and integrations, and application MVPs for companies in a variety of industries, including:
Printing and fulfillment
Tech startups and entrepreneurs
Fully remote. We communicate by video chat, Slack, and old-school telephone.
$90,000 - $110,000 per year depending on experience