Sales Engineer - Remote (USA)
Madison, WI - HQ /
Full Time - Remote
As an Ionic Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for driving all aspects of the technical sale, from discovery to demo to close. Ionic Sales Engineers are both business-focused yet technically-savvy. They are equally comfortable selling to IT execs as they are getting in the weeds with developers to creatively solve technical challenges. As an Ionic Sales Engineer, you should be ambitious, driven and ready to work in a dynamic, team-first environment.
In your role you’ll be measured on your ability to:
• Cut down sales cycle length by efficiently addressing prospect needs
• Deliver proof of concepts to prospects to reduce risk with minimal back and forth
• Assist in the sales process to ensure AEs meet their quota each quarter
• Act as the first line of contact for all things Ionic from a technical perspective
• Ability to partner with cross functional teams to represent sales engineering
Your areas of ownership will include:
• Become a technical expert within Ionic's products and services as well as Hybrid App Development
• Work collaboratively with prospects to tailor and articulate Ionic’s technical value proposition
• Develop solutions to real-world problems Ionic customers are facing
• Provide industry thought leadership and guidance to professional developers
• Work collaboratively across multiple departments: Customer Success to ensure smooth hand-off of accounts and technical intel. Product and Engineering teams to influence and drive the product roadmap. Marketing to drive segmentation, positioning and messaging.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Success in selling/demonstrating/presenting solutions in Mobile, App Development, and/or complex tech
• Previous software development experience with web development or native mobile app development
• Excellent communicator (written/verbal) and experience with presentations, demos, and Formal Proposals
• Ability to tailor messaging for technical and business audience
• Self-starter, unfazed by ambiguity, competitive
• High-energy, Coachable and Problem Solver
• Disciplined, and Organized. Excuse Adverse.
• Experience learning new tech and building compelling value props
• Learns quickly and is an expert in his/her selling domain
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Vice President of Sales
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who we are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.