Journey Clinical is on a mission to transform the growing mental health crisis by accelerating the adoption of frontier treatments that lead to lasting improvements in clinical outcomes. We have built a turnkey healthtech platform to safely and effectively expand access to a powerful modality known as Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, starting with Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). In our patient-centered collaborative care model, licensed psychotherapists in the network take on the psychotherapy, while Journey Clinical's in-house medical team takes on patient eligibility, treatment plan and outcome monitoring. Our platform gives psychotherapists passionate about PAP the infrastructure and support required to become empowered KAP providers, while enabling higher standards of patient care and enhanced clinical outcomes.
We have recently closed a successful Series A round led by Union Square Ventures, and are backed by a number of top-tier investors including AlleyCorp, Fifty Years, Able Partners, Gaingels, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Coalition Operators, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx.
We are building an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives.
About the role
Journey Clinical is looking for an Operations Manager to manage day-to-day customer operations and drive execution on strategic initiatives for the organization. This is a full-time role that will report directly into the head of clinical operations and collaborate cross-functionally with the product team.
What You’ll Do
-Own and build out day-to-day customer operations across providers (prescribers and therapists) and patients including provider training, onboarding and ongoing support; patient scheduling, prescription and ongoing care
-Coach, manage and mentor ~3 small teams and continue to build out the company as we grow
-Act as an escalation point for sensitive and complex customer requests
-Monitor data real-time (e.g. clinical outcomes, NPS, response time, churn, margins) and provide weekly reporting to the head of clinical operations
-Leverage data and customer requests to gather quantitative and qualitative insights; problem solve to design and implement “lean” solutions using tools (e.g. set up Zapier-Typeform integration); iterate on the workflows to provide best-in class customer experience
-Collaborate with the product team to digitize mature processes and drive new product features (e.g. patient analytics, medical clearance etc.)
-Support the head of clinical operations to execute on strategic projects and scale tools and systems
Who You Are
-5+ years of experience in top tier management consulting, Customer Operations, Clinical Operations, Operations or a similar role at a VC-backed startup (Manager-level and up)
-You are a stellar doer at the IC level, but also have prior experience building, growing and managing customer support teams to support rapid growth
-Prior experience in a client-facing role, preferably with an understanding of clinicians and patients
-Tech savvy with a point of view on operations tech stack comfortable with Helpscout, Stripe, Acuity etc.
-Experience with making data-driven decisions and using data tools such as Tableau or Excel
-A self-starter with a “lean” mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment
-A problem solver by nature, you love the challenge of solving complex and sensitive patient problems in mental health with an outstanding ability to execute
-You have a demonstrated ability to learn quickly, iterate, pivot, and move fast with flexibility and adaptability; embrace rapid pace of change as an opportunity for innovation
-Preferred experience in healthtech with an understanding of the regulatory landscape
-Bonus points if you have a clinical background (e.g. RN, NP, MD etc…)
What to expect - we aim to align growth with high level of care for our clients
- You are the subject matter of your function and you own it end-to-end
- The scope of your responsibilities will evolve as you grow and shape the role
- At this stage, we are all ICs with a high level of autonomy and strong ownership
- We operate in a fast pace of change day-to-day with shifting priorities
- Cross-functional collaboration with the leadership team is focused on speed and execution while having fun
- You will have a chance to design your own rhythm while meeting company goals (we encourage taking time off and going on vacation!)
- You will be asked to problem solve and come up with lean solutions
- Our work is meaningful and we see the direct impact of our contributions immediately
- You will have opportunity to grow, both personally and professionally through 360 feedback
- We favor direct communication style, warmth and love to laugh
- Together, we will invest in building trust and a thriving company!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO (all employees are strongly encouraged to take at least 18 days off per year; most of us take 25+ including mental health days and moon days)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote role with opportunities to collaborate in-person in our unique NYC HQ with outdoor terrace and views of downtown
- Rapid career growth and the opportunity to build under you overtime
- Pioneer a new industry with a new health tech business model (i.e."Innovation on innovation") with direct access to industry leading experts
- Have a net positive impact on people's mental health and overall well being with new mental health treatments including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
We recognize healthcare is a universal concern and tackling the mental health crisis will require team members with different strengths from all walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role.