Journey Clinical is seeking a NY Licensed Telehealth Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
About Journey Clinical:
Our mission is to expand access to revolutionizing psychedelic therapies.
We are facing a mental health crisis with 100M+ people suffering from depression and anxiety in the US, and legacy treatments don’t always work. Legal and evidence-based psychedelic therapies introduce a paradigm shift in the treatment of mental health. At Journey Clinical, we are building a Telehealth platform to empower the 1M+ licensed psychotherapists nationwide to offer psychedelic therapies in their own practice, starting with FDA-approved ketamine. With a decentralized clinic model, Journey Clinical takes care of the medical aspect of the treatment in-house while Journey member psychotherapists are in charge of psychotherapy. Our collaborative care model provides a robust care management system and optimizes clinical outcomes for patients.
Journey Clinical is backed by top tier investors (Fifty Years, Neo Kuma Ventures, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Lionheart Ventures, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx, etc.) as featured in TechCrunch.
We are creating an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives!
- Conduct patient intake and follow up consultations to evaluate ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP) eligibility, prescribe, and monitor patient outcomes via telemedicine
- Suggest treatment plan changes based on patient response to medication and treatment outcomes
- Engage in collaborative care with Journey Clinical member psychotherapists
- Work with Journey Clinical care coordinator to streamline your workflow
- Continuously and promptly give honest feedback on the Journey Clinical care management system to improve our services
- Report directly to the Lead Clinician and collaborate with the leadership team and the co-founders
- Licensed to practice in New York
- Minimum 1 year psych experience as a PMHNP
- DEA registration
- Comfortable prescribing controlled substances when medically appropriate
- Comfortable prescribing for anxiety and depression
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical and psychiatric information about the patient to formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Patient-first mindset, deep work ethic and dedication to the highest level of patient care
- Willing to use a few simple tools to make your life easier (Slack, G Suite, Zoom, etc.)
- Comfortable working remotely in a Telehealth fast-paced startup environment
- Interest for the field of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to transform mental health
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly or annual salary, equity (full time employees)
- Health benefits (for full time employees)
- Flexible working hoursFlexible paid time off (for full time employees)
- Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP) prescriber training and mentorship given by leading industry experts
- Growth opportunities and a high level of freedom
- We aim to set our team members up for success and offer a clear path for career advancement and personal growth
- Work with a team of industry leading experts, who are highly collaborative, disciplined, and who have fun working together
- The opportunity to change the way we approach mental health by advancing the mainstream adoption of psychedelic assisted psychotherapy and make a positive impact on the lives of 100M+ people who are suffering from depression and anxiety in the US today!
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.