Growth Program Manager - Community Engagement & Training
Journey Clinical is on a mission to transform the growing mental health crisis by accelerating the adoption of frontier treatments that lead to lasting improvements in clinical outcomes. We have built a turnkey healthtech platform to safely and effectively expand access to a powerful modality known as Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, starting with Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). In our patient-centered collaborative care model, licensed psychotherapists in the network take on the psychotherapy, while Journey Clinical's in-house medical team takes on patient eligibility, treatment plan and outcome monitoring. Our platform gives psychotherapists passionate about PAP the infrastructure and support required to become empowered KAP providers, while enabling higher standards of patient care and enhanced clinical outcomes.
We have recently closed a successful Series A round led by Union Square Ventures, and are backed by a number of top-tier investors including AlleyCorp, Fifty Years, Able Partners, Gaingels, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Coalition Operators, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx.
We are building an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives.
About the role
Journey Clinical is looking for a Program Manager to drive engagement and training in our community of therapists. Reporting directly into the Head of Growth Activation, you will be a part of the growth team responsible for activating our network of therapists, providing the program content and training relevant to them, and driving overall company growth through therapist engagement.
What You’ll Do
- Own and build community engagement to drive therapist activation and retention using data insights as well as strong client relationship-building skills
- Support the Head of Growth Activation to execute on community-based experiments to activate therapists, measure results, create learning loops and iterate fast to focus on what’s working
- Develop & oversee training, programming and events calendar.
- Design & build engaging content and live programs with subject-matter experts for our therapist community to leverage as self-guided learning or formal continued-education credit; manage end-to-end accreditation process
- Moderate therapist group conversations via Circle, listserv and other platforms to drive engagement and training; measure results and make impactful changes to future group conversation structures in order to drive better engagement
- Collaborate with marketing to develop client-facing, community-sourced assets and internal communication material
- Drive patient engagement over time through a relentless push for excellence in client service
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience as a program manager ideally in an early stage VC-backed startup with proven track record of designing and implementing programs, building and growing a community and exceeding engagement KPIs
- Prior experience designing and running programming end-to-end, ideally in the health / wellness field
- Independent thinker, “doer” and problem solver, strong in execution
- Strong written and oral communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts to communicate with clinicians with enthusiasm / excellent PowerPoint skills
- Have empathy for our clients and understand their needs - be a strong client-facing liaison to drive engagement in the program content you develop (and plan to develop based on their insights)
- A self-starter with a “lean” mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- 3 key qualities to run rapid experiments to drive growth (i) Scientist who is able to analyze data for insights rapidly (ii) Creative & Intuitive who can design innovative experiments (iii) Operational who can execute and drive experiments, make decisions fast and be flexible to pivot easily with tech-stack (e.g Zapier, Helpscout, Stripe etc.)
- Preferred experience in 2-sided marketplaces and/or health-tech
- Preferred foundational knowledge (or greater) in psychology, as much of the community resources produced will be heavily technical in nature
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equityFull medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO (all employees are strongly encouraged to take at least 18 days off per year; most of us take 25+ including mental health days and moon days)
- Flexible working hoursRemote role with opportunities to collaborate in-person in our unique NYC HQ with outdoor terrace and views of downtown
- Rapid career growth and the opportunity to build under you overtime
- Pioneer a new industry with a new healtech business model (i.e."Innovation on innovation") with direct access to industry leading experts
- Have a net positive impact on people's mental health and overall well being with new mental health treatments including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
What to expect - we aim to align growth with high level of care for our clients
- You are the subject matter of your function and you own it end-to-end
- The scope of your responsibilities will evolve as you grow and shape the role
- At this stage, we are all ICs with a high level of autonomy
- We operate in a fast pace of change day-to-day with shifting priorities
- Cross-functional collaboration with the leadership team is focused on speed and execution while having fun
- You will have a chance to design your own rhythm while meeting company goals (we encourage taking time off and going on vacation!)
- You will be asked to problem solve, drive rapid experimentation and come up with lean solutions
- Our work is meaningful and we see the direct impact of our contributions immediately
- You will have opportunity to grow, both personally and professionally through 360 feedback
- We favor direct communication style and love to laugh
- Together, we will invest in building trust and a thriving company!
We recognize healthcare is a universal concern and tackling the mental health crisis will require team members with different strengths from all walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role.