Manager, Software Engineer - Web Application
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
Kevala is looking for a Software Engineer Manager with experience building complex web applications to join our growing team. This individual will collaborate across the company to build a generalized, intuitive product for interfacing with all aspects of the electric grid: solar power, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, demand response, batteries, wholesale markets, and more. If you would enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making electric and environmental data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Building cool products: Dive into difficult problems facing the US electric grid, especially relating to data visualization, carbon intensity, power flow, and cybersecurity
- Providing mentorship: Encourage team members towards self-actualization, through empathetic and growth-oriented leadership
- Scaling the team: Foster a culture of inclusion as we recruit and retain a diverse team
- Collaborating cross-functionally: Build partnerships with design, product, data science, infrastructure, and data engineering teams to create a user-first product experience
What you need to succeed
- A track record of empathetic and growth-oriented leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Shareable examples of delightful geospatial and temporal visualizations and APIs that you helped deliver
- Sharp project management skills: attention to detail, estimation, and communication
- Experience working in a small-to-midsize, fast-growing organization while developing strong relationships and partnerships
What will make you stand out
- Experience in the utility, clean energy, regulatory, or automotive industry
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$125,000-$160,000 (depending on experience and location)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.