Software Engineer - Data
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
Kevala is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in distributed computing and big data to join our growing software development team. This individual will collaborate across the company to translate project requirements into generalized and modular ways of interfacing with all aspects of the electric grid: solar power, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, demand response, batteries, wholesale markets, and more. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals who believe in accelerating a sustainable clean energy future by making electric and environmental data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Collaboration with other engineers on architecting, designing, and implementing product features
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Designing algorithms, data structures, and software components
- Writing, testing, reviewing code to implement product features
- Participating in a scrum managed agile software development process
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement for the development team
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Design and implement efficient and scalable data processing pipelines
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years of professional experience in Python for writing API clients, web scrapers, and parsers
- Experience working in Cloud Computing, Distributed Computing, or Big Data Management
- Experience using real-time data streaming tools, such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Demonstrated understanding and experience using relational and time-series databases
- Experience in building scalable data pipelines for structured and unstructured data.
What will make you stand out
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of data processing framework such as Spark
- Experience in the utility, green energy, cleantech, regulatory, or automotive industries
- Familiarity with PostGIS, InfluxDB, Airflow, GCP, Django
- Experience in a modern software development process, including scrum management and agile development
- Experience with the growth trajectory of a small start-up
- Passion for empathetically leading and mentoring fellow engineers
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$100,000-$150,000 (depending on experience and location)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.