San Francisco, CA /
Product & Strategy /
At Kevala, we are on an urgent mission to decarbonize the global energy economy using the most comprehensive data sets available on earth. We are a group of ambitious intellectuals who embrace unconventional approaches to solving complex problems. We foster a culture where all are encouraged to collaborate, be creative, and above all - support each other in our collective endeavors. As a fast-growing start-up, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about accelerating a sustainable clean energy future and excited to join in on our mission to make energy-related data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible.
Kevala is looking for a self-motivated Product Manager with experience managing software products in the energy sector and working in an early-stage software start-up environment. This individual will work directly with internal leadership along with the sales and engineering teams to ensure products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle which includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, and operations to ensure product releases align with the strategic roadmap and customer satisfaction goals are met.
What you will be doing
- Define product goals and product strategy with leadership
- Support the business development process and proposal preparation
- Manage the quarterly and annual product roadmap
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and user stories based on methodology requirements, commercial impact/opportunity, complexity and duration
- Perform the role of Product Owner in the Agile process, working with the Scrum Master and technical leads to implement the roadmap in Initiatives and Epics, maintain the product backlog and prioritize software development tasks
- Log product enhancements, feature requests, and product related customer service issues and translate into near term roadmap priorities
- Run beta and pilot programs with clients to define and deliver early-stage products concurrent with the strategic roadmap
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Provide input on product pricing and positioning strategies
- Perform competitor analysis and develop expertise as it pertains to the sector
What you need to succeed
- 1+ year of experience as a Product Manager delivering software products in the energy sector
- Demonstrable experience of acting as the Product Owner in an Agile process
- Knowledge about distributed energy resources including technology, regulation, and grid integration
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
What will make you stand out
- Knowledge of power system planning concepts and methods
- Experience with or knowledge of electrical engineering and the broader electric industry
We embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$80,000-$130,000 (depending on location and experience)
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to email@example.com.