Senior Software Engineer, Front end
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
At Kevala, we are on an urgent mission to decarbonize the global energy economy using the most comprehensive data sets available on earth. We are a group of ambitious intellectuals who embrace unconventional approaches to solving complex problems. We foster a culture where all are encouraged to collaborate, be creative, and above all - support each other in our collective endeavors. As a fast-growing start-up, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about accelerating a sustainable clean energy future and excited to join in on our mission to make energy-related data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible.
What you will be doing
- Visualizing data pertaining to the US electric grid: real-time temporal data, geospatial maps, statistical analyses, and more.
- Building a delightful energy software product that tells clear stories about the state of the US electric grid, in collaboration with the product and UX teams.
- Collaborating with engineers to scale our platform by efficiently designing and implementing product features whilst providing feedback through pull requests.
- Contributing to ongoing process and architectural improvements for the engineering organization
What you need to succeed
- Experience in creating maps in web applications, using libraries such as Mapbox GL JS, Leaflet, or Google Maps
- Experience visualizing temporal data using libraries such as D3, Plotly, or Grafana
- Communication skills to facilitate nimbly moving between conversations with UX designers and API engineers
What will make you stand out
- Experience in the utility, green energy, cleantech, regulatory, or automotive industries
- Willingness to make minor tweaks across the full stack, in support of constant iteration in an agile framework
- Experience with data journalism, or demonstration of keen visual and interactive design skills for making data engaging and actionable
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$110,000-$160,000 (depending on experience and location)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to email@example.com.