Software Engineer - Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
Kevala is looking for a Software Engineer - Infrastructure to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll work closely with other core infrastructure engineers to solve interesting scalability, high availability, synchronization, and data-intensive challenges. You will also learn new and exciting skills and technologies to make a big impact in a rapidly growing mission-driven company that is working on all aspects of the electric grid: solar power, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, demand response, batteries, wholesale markets, and more.
If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals who believe in accelerating a sustainable clean energy future by making electric and environmental data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Designing and building low latency and scalable distributed services
- Working closely with other teams to gather infrastructure needs and requirements
- Researching new tools and technologies
- Ensuring best practices
- Mentoring and educating other team members
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years of professional software engineer experience
- Proficiency with python
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and scalability
- Experience with asynchronous and concurrency programming
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Attention to detail
What will make you stand out
- Experience with OAuth/OpenID Connect/SAML/SSO/LDAP
- Experience with docker, kubernetes, and terraform
- Experience with google cloud platform
- Driven by making an impact
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$120,000-$160,000 (depending on experience and location)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.