Product Manager, Coach Experience
New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century and especially middle / working class people - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote personal training business-in-a-box that makes it easy for underemployed folks to become certified personal trainers, recruit clients from their network, fundamentally change lives for the better and earn a 6-figure income. Our tech makes our coaches ultra efficient and effective, from recruiting clients to driving daily nutrition behavior change to providing the best possible workout for the client each day. Clients get the unbeatable results that can only come from daily human accountability while coaches get much higher pay, complete autonomy, flexibility, and purpose.
We just closed a $7M funding round and, with 20K coaches, we are well on our way to our goal of 1 million coaches and hundreds of millions of happy clients!
Overall, the Coach Experience PM will be the CEO of the coach side of the business. They will lead a team of designers, engineers, business operations managers, & coach managers to drive all the things that need to happen to ensure coaches have an amazing and life-changing experience.
This will involve a diverse array of challenges - from leveraging machine learning to massively improve our recommendations to coaches to leveraging game design to make the act of coaching as fun as possible.
Reporting directly to Kickoff’s Cofounder & CEO, the PM will work closely with our senior leadership team to help chart the direction of the company.
This role comes with a lot of responsibility and is not for everyone - it is for someone who wants to do the hard work of actually driving real results for real people and building a world-changing product.
Define a strategy to build an unbeatable coaching experience
- Conduct research & analysis
- Hypothesize on what will move the target metrics
- Maintain an overall vision on what the product will become
Manage the roadmap
- Prioritize, deprioritize & create the roadmap with input from all stakeholders
- Manage the backlog of projects
- Assign projects to designers, engineers and others
Define & manage specific projects (as experiments)
- Define KPIs, specs, and user stories
- Align all team members on the context, goals, key questions, milestones & timeline for the project
- Adjust the plan & communicate with the team as the project progresses
Roll out projects well
- Orchestrate QA
- Build roll out plans: internal and user-facing coordination
Run experiments & iterate
- Build dashboards & ways to monitor experiments
- Track experiments well
- Create & prioritize new projects based on learnings
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a very special person for this role that excels in 5 key areas:
- Passion for our mission
- Startup mindset: Eager for action, speed, iteration & continuous improvement; willing to take risks & unafraid to fail
- Ownership & very strong work ethic: Obsession with hitting goals - will run through walls
- Intrinsic motivation: Hungry, eager to prove themselves; obsessed with becoming a PM at a company that changes the world
2. Research & analysis
- Ability to obtain the right qual and quant data needed to make decisions - via SQL, event tracking, interviews, surveys, & novel ways that the PM can teach us
- Ability to see patterns in qualitative data & draw insight
- Ability to conduct analysis to draw insight from quantitative data
3. Vision & strategy
- Ability to synthesize the data from research and analysis to hypothesize solutions that move the target metric
- Ability to connect user and business needs to solve for both together
- Strong user empathy - able to put themselves in the user’s shoes
4. Organization & project management
- Experience in organizing and managing an agile-like process for multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to standardize and automate processes to improve team efficiency, impact and happiness
5. Leadership & collaboration
- Able to explain highly complex things simply
- Able to lead through influence and by example, to align the team towards a common goal, not afraid to get their hands dirty or do things that do not scale in order to learn
- Embraces fail fast, fail often mentality - to quickly & cheaply glean insights
Nice to haves:
- Prior product experience (great PMs will certainly have a leg up on the above criteria in most cases)
- Fitness or nutrition experience
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
- Flexible, hybrid work environment combining work-from-anywhere with work in our NYC office
- Budget for courses and professional development
- Free Kickoff training for you and family
- The most awesome team to build with!!
- Drive impact for clients, coaches & company vision
- Go after 10x projects - avoid incrementality
- Move fast with B+ quality at first
- Seek simplicity
- Support each other