New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote wellness coaching platform that enables everyday people to become amazing wellness coaches and dramatically change the lives of clients. We leverage AI to do the vast majority of the work of a personal trainer and registered dietitian while looping in the human coach to communicate the program via SMS and app.
The client thus gets the best recommendations and the perfect amount of accountability, for a price they can afford. We provide a service that people really want and do so far more efficiently and affordably than anyone else, so we have great unit economics and are growing 5x YoY.
We just closed a $7M funding round and, with 20K coaches, we are well on our way to our goal of 1 million coaches and hundreds of millions of happy clients!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to be our second full-time design hire. This creative individual will be responsible for designing elegant, delightful, world-class experiences for clients and coaches.
Our clients and coaches require simple, yet powerful tools to connect and enable their goals. There’s a ton of complexity to deal with - with a broad range of client needs across exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress management and more and the challenge of combining the best of human and machine within the coach experience.
As a designer in our team, your role will be to create beautiful, simple, elegant, inspiring and motivating apps that our clients and coaches will want to tell their friends about.
The designer will work closely with our existing Designer as well as our Head of Product, CEO, and engineering team.
The apps we will build will enable millions of people to dramatically improve their lives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of consumer app/web design experience
- A portfolio of beautiful, elegant consumer apps
- Flexibility and humility: Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of technical and fitness expert team members
- Startup mindset - the ability to iterate quickly and test suboptimal designs before building the A+ design
- Passion for our mission and for helping real people in the real world via technology
- Alignment with our company principles
- Figma expertise, including dynamic prototypes
- Work cross functionally with engineering, product, and growth to design our features and products
- Design low to high fidelity wireframes as well as clickable prototypes based on user stories
- Contribute to and help to manage the Kickoff design system and its components
- Conduct user interviews and usability testing
- Identify opportunities for new features or improvements to new features
- Elevate wellness for clients and opportunity for coaches.
- 🚀 Drive impact with 10x projects
- 🧑🔬 Learn with B+ quality & iterate
- 💜 Support and challenge each other
- 🪑 Remember the 3 legged stool (client, coach, and company)
- 🏠 Take ownership
- 📔 Simplify
Kickoff is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or race.