Software Engineer (Remote)
New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century and especially middle / working class people - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote personal training business-in-a-box that makes it easy for underemployed folks to become certified personal trainers, recruit clients from their network, fundamentally change lives for the better and earn a 6-figure income. Our tech makes our coaches ultra efficient and effective, from recruiting clients to driving daily nutrition behavior change to providing the best possible workout for the client each day. Clients get the unbeatable results that can only come from daily human accountability while coaches get much higher pay, complete autonomy, flexibility, and purpose.
We’re well on our way to our goal of millions of high-earning coaches putting a massive dent in the obesity epidemic - to date, over 19,000 coaches have joined, and we’re growing north of 20% month on month.
We are looking for an amazing software engineer who can work independently and remotely to own large pieces of our product. This role will be responsible for leveraging the latest technology to further our mission while also helping to define company strategy and culture.
Our engineering team is fully distributed. We believe this is a huge advantage for our business and for our employees. It's consistent with our values of work/life balance, individual empowerment, and inclusivity. We have frequent mini-retreats to collaborate and get to know each other better in fun, fitness oriented destinations.
You might work on:
- Harnessing our data to identify what drives positive behavior changes that make clients faster, stronger, healthier, and happier
- Fine turning our algorithms to optimize exercise and nutrition recommendations to clients and incorporating machine learning to take those recommendations to the next level
- Launching gamified social dashboards to enable clients to compete and collaborate with friends and family in all their fitness endeavors
- Building coach-facing tools that automate the busy work and empower them to drive incredible results with their clients
- Making architectural decisions that keep our systems scaling smoothly with the rapid growth of our business
- Building a fully remote team of talented engineers
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of full stack experience
- Enthusiasm about working independently and pushing technical comfort zones
- Strong prioritization skills, both for projects/features and architecture decisions
- Experience collaborating with product and designers
- An interest in fitness and wellness and real world impact
- Design experience
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Node.js
- DevOps experience, particularly in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with machine learning
- Hiring experience
- Management experience
- Help millions of people live healthier, happier lives by enabling sustainable wellness
- Drive impact for clients, coaches & company vision
- Support each other
- Go after 10x projects at first
- Embrace risk
- Tell it like it is
- Seek simplicity