Full Stack Software Engineer
New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote wellness coaching platform that enables everyday people to become amazing wellness coaches and dramatically change the lives of clients. We leverage AI to do the vast majority of the work of a personal trainer and registered dietitian while looping in the human coach to communicate the program via SMS and app.
The client thus gets the best recommendations and the perfect amount of accountability, for a price they can afford. We provide a service that people really want and do so far more efficiently and affordably than anyone else, so we have great unit economics and are growing 5x YoY.
We just closed a $7M funding round and, with 20K coaches, we are well on our way to our goal of 1 million coaches and hundreds of millions of happy clients!
We are looking for an amazing NYC-based full stack senior software engineer who can work independently to own large pieces of our product. This role will be responsible for leveraging the latest technology to further our mission while also helping to define company strategy and culture. Engineering is at the core of what we do, so we're looking for engineers who want to push the envelope on what's possible with technology.
We are looking for engineers who are excited to collaborate in person at our Union Square office to change the world.
You might work on:
- Harnessing our data to identify what drives positive behavior changes that make clients faster, stronger, healthier, and happier
- Fine turning our algorithms to optimize exercise and nutrition recommendations to clients and incorporating machine learning to take those recommendations to the next level
- Launching gamified social dashboards to enable clients to compete and collaborate with friends and family in all their fitness endeavors
- Building coach-facing tools that automate the busy work and empower them to drive incredible results with their clients
- Making architectural decisions that keep our systems scaling smoothly with the rapid growth of our business
- Building a fully remote team of talented engineers
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of full stack experience
- Enthusiasm about working independently and pushing technical comfort zones
- Strong prioritization skills, both for projects/features and architecture decisions
- Experience collaborating with product and designers
- An interest in fitness and wellness and real world impact
- Design experience
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Node.js
- DevOps experience, particularly in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with machine learning
- Help millions of people live healthier, happier lives by enabling sustainable wellness
- 🚀 Drive impact with 10x projects
- 🧑🔬 Learn with B+ quality & iterate
- 💜 Support and challenge each other
- 🪑 Remember the 3 legged stool (client, coach, and company)
- 🏠 Take ownership
- 📔 Simplify