Growth Product Manager
New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote wellness coaching platform that enables everyday people to become amazing wellness coaches and dramatically change the lives of clients. We leverage AI to do the vast majority of the work of a personal trainer and registered dietitian while looping in the human coach to communicate the program via SMS and app.
The client thus gets the best recommendations and the perfect amount of accountability, for a price they can afford. We provide a service that people really want and do so far more efficiently and affordably than anyone else, so we have great unit economics and are growing 5x YoY.
We just closed a $7M funding round and, with 20K coaches, we are well on our way to our goal of 1 million coaches and hundreds of millions of happy clients!
The Growth PM will be responsible for growing our client base, primarily through product-led growth (coach-driven growth, client-to-client referral, etc.) and conversion optimization, with help from more traditional marketing channels, such as SEO and paid marketing. They will manage a team of engineers, designers, marketers, business operations managers, and agencies.
Reporting directly to Kickoff’s Co-founder & CEO, this individual will work closely with our senior leadership team, Head of Content and PMs to help chart the direction of the company.
This role comes with a lot of responsibility and is not for everyone - it is for someone who wants to scale a world-changing product.
Own growth at Kickoff
- Execute our roadmap
- Identify levers to accelerate growth further via deep customer understanding
Understand client needs, experience and journey deeply to optimize segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Conduct user research and analysis to understand target personas, trends, and needs
- Ideate and test segmentation, targeting and positioning
Serve as PM on product-led growth channels. Current projects on the roadmap include:
- Driving coach-driven growth
- Scaling client to client referral system
- Optimizing client restart systems
Optimize conversion funnel performance
- Making our coach-facing CRM and client closing systems ever more intelligent
- Experimenting non-stop to help clients find the best coach and start working toward the results they want
Manage agencies & hire in-house managers to scale other channels:
- Paid (SEM, Paid Social)
- Affiliate/ influencers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a very special person for this role that excels in 6 key areas:
1. Growth, Marketing and/or Product Experience
- 4+ years of data-driven growth, marketing, and/or product experience
2. Expertise in User Research, Segmentation/Targeting/Positioning, Customer Journey-Mapping, and Storytelling
- Ability to position Kickoff for different prospective client segments
- Passion for our mission
- Startup mindset: Eager for action, speed, iteration & continuous improvement; willing to take risks & unafraid to fail; obsession with hitting goals - will run through walls
- Intrinsic motivation: Hungry, eager to prove themselves; obsessed with becoming a PM at a company that changes the world
4. Research & analysis
- Ability to obtain the right qual and quant data needed to make decisions - via SQL, event tracking, interviews, surveys, & novel ways that the PM can teach us
- Ability to see patterns in qualitative data & draw insight
- Ability to conduct analysis to draw insight from quantitative data
5. Vision & strategy
- Ability to synthesize the data from research and analysis to hypothesize solutions that move the target metric
- Ability to connect user and business needs to solve for both together
- Strong user empathy - able to put themselves in the user’s shoes
6. Organization, project management & leadership
- Experience in organizing and managing an agile-like process for multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to standardize and automate processes to improve team efficiency, impact and happiness
- Able to lead through influence and by example, to align the team towards a common goal, not afraid to get their hands dirty or do things that do not scale in order to learn
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
- Flexible, hybrid work environment combining work-from-anywhere with work in our NYC office
- Budget for courses and professional development
- Free Kickoff training for you and family
- The most awesome team to build with!!
- Drive impact for clients, coaches & company vision
- Go after 10x projects - avoid incrementality
- Move fast with B+ quality at first
- Seek simplicity
- Support each other