Head of Product
New York /
Kickoff addresses two of the biggest challenges facing the 21st century and especially middle / working class people - the obesity epidemic and the future of work.
We are a remote personal training business-in-a-box that makes it easy for underemployed folks to become certified personal trainers, recruit clients from their network, fundamentally change lives for the better and earn a 6-figure income. Our tech makes our coaches ultra efficient and effective, from recruiting clients to driving daily nutrition behavior change to providing the best possible workout for the client each day. Clients get the unbeatable results that can only come from daily human accountability while coaches get much higher pay, complete autonomy, flexibility, and purpose.
We just closed a $7M funding round and, with 20K coaches, we are well on our way to our goal of 1 million coaches and hundreds of millions of happy clients!
We are looking for a scrappy and visionary Product leader to be our Head of Product.
Reporting directly to Kickoff’s Cofounder & CEO, the Head of Product will build the product, the team, and the culture we need to reach our lofty goals. They will be a player-coach who leads by doing while building and managing the team we need to move quickly and effectively.
Along the way they'll be a driving force behind the creation of an entirely new type of product that combines machine learning, computervision, audio messaging, video messaging, SMS, data visualization and behavioral psychology to improve the lives of clients and coaches.
This role comes with a lot of responsibility and is not for everyone - it is for someone who wants to do the hard work of actually driving real results for real people and building a world-changing product and team.
- You’ll continuously build and refine Kickoff’s product development process, systems, and culture
- You'll help formulate Kickoff’s long-term product vision, goals, metrics and strategy
- You'll translate that strategy into concrete plans and objectives over the short- and medium-term
- You'll guide the prioritization of work and help make resourcing and prioritization tradeoffs more generally
- You'll build a compelling product roadmap based on customer needs, resources, and strategic opportunities
- You'll ensure we're using the right metrics to inform our product roadmap and to measure success
- You’ll hire and manage the team we need to execute on our shared vision
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
-A track record of shipping high quality consumer products
- Experience in hiring and managing highly effective product teams
- Experience in optimizing product development - leading through influence and by example while instilling culture, process, systems, and collaboration between teams
- Expertise in using both quantitative data (e.g., metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g., user feedback) to inform product prioritization. You can analyze data yourself by writing SQL queries and using data analysis tools
- Startup mindset - an owner who’s willing to take risks, test and learn
- Product sense - the ability to deeply understand our users, their pain points and needs and to come up with hypotheses that work
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
- Flexible, hybrid work environment combining work-from-anywhere with work in our NYC office
- Budget for courses and professional development
- Free Kickoff training for you and family
- The most awesome team to build with!!
- Drive impact for clients, coaches & company vision
- Go after 10x projects - avoid incrementality
- Move fast with B+ quality at first
- Seek simplicity
- Support each other