Lead Generation Manager
Investment and Advisory Team /
About Kingfish Group
Kingfish is a different kind of private equity firm. We have pioneered a new approach to private equity investing that places us at the intersection of people, ideas and capital. At the core of our efforts are deep, systematic relationships with proven operating executives. Our firm comprises two core business segments; our private equity investment business and an advisory business that supports a limited set of high-performing PE sponsors as they identify, invest in and grow businesses. Our philosophy is to find the best people and give them the freedom to learn, innovate and outperform. In that spirit, we are structured to ensure that each individual contributes substantially to firm strategy and goals, and there is extensive feedback on performance. We pride ourselves on assembling high-performing teams to pursue inspiring goals.
The Lead Generation Manager will design, build and manage the firm’s lead generation and prospect development processes, with a particular focus on identifying and cultivating new relationships with private equity sponsors. This would include helping craft the go-to-market strategy and architecting and managing all lead generation activities from lead research and identification to prospect maturation through various communication channels. Prior experience marketing to C-Suite management at clients or at senior levels within PE is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative self-starter who is able to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment. The Lead Generation Manager will supervise, guide and be supported by a focused sales research and operations team.
Lead generation and outreach: Build a lead generation engine that can consistently generate substantive dialogue with Partners/Managing Directors at target private equity sponsors.
* Supervise and guide an internal sales and marketing operations team in their research, develop creative and thoughtful approaches for identifying high quality leads
* Develop the strategy for the firm’s outreach to prospects, identify the messages that stand out and pique interest
* Write engaging, high quality emails that catalyze response and generate meetings
Relationship cultivation: Cultivate relationships with private equity sponsors through high-quality interactions
* Execute outreach plans (emails, other outreach) that cultivate and deepen dialogue with senior leadership at target accounts (C-level and management)
* Identify touchpoints and next steps that thoughtfully advance the top priority prospects
Lead management: Manage the sales cycle process with active prospects, leveraging the Kingfish internal sales operations team
* Track priority of relationships and build a funnel that enables us to consistently hit our growth objectives
* Partner with Kingfish leadership team to develop, track, and execute strategic business development KPIs
* Manage India-based sales operations team goals, performance and internal development
Firm building: Build the firm’s capabilities in an entrepreneurial environment.
* Participate in developing new growth areas (e.g. adjacent asset classes) as the firm grows.
* Lead company-wide initiatives that improve how we do our work and make us a stronger team
B.A or B.S with 2 - 5 years of work experience in lead generation, marketing sales or business development
Creativity: Intellectual curiosity and strong writing skills that generate engaging emails and prospect communications
Relationship Building: High EQ with good communications instincts
Process Management: ability to adeptly scope and manage multiple concurrent lead generation processes
Proactive & Collaborative: a mentor to junior colleagues that takes initiative to help the team and the firm
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Kingfish Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, genetic characteristics, military service, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment. The Company’s commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including partners and coworkers, as well as outside third parties including clients and vendors.