Artificial Intelligence Engineer
San Francisco/ Los Angeles / New York /
Do you want to impact the education of K 12 students with us?
Kira Learning is creating curriculum and learning tools that empower teachers and prepare students for a world in which technology and science play pivotal roles in everyone's lives.
We are backed by top-tier Venture Capital funds including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Andrew Ng’s AI Fund, and Primavera, and are growing fast.
We are looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer that will own the end-to-end product execution by understanding student and teacher needs, building features that can be tested, and more.
For this position you must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.
As an AI Engineer at Kira, you will:
- Write programs using AI to improve student learning experience by implementing features including but not limited to: autograding coding exercises, giving automated detailed feedback to students, and personalizing a student’s learning experience with adaptive learning techniques.
- Design and audit Kira Learning’s code review processes, and ensure that the company’s code base is maintainable, efficient, and well documented.
- Own end-to-end product execution, including working closely with Kira Learning’s UI/UX designer on interaction and visual design.
- Work closely with Kira Learning’s Product and Content teams to ideate, scope, develop and iterate on end-to-end products as well as specific product features.
- Understand and prioritize student and teacher needs, and translate these into product ideas and features that can be tested.
Your Experience and Skills include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience as an AI engineer leading software design decisions, defining and managing end-to-end project requirements, and shipping complex products with minimal guidance.
- Strong understanding of machine learning learning algorithms
- Familiarity and experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Familiarity and experience working with AWS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience leading software engineering projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- (Preferred) Strong grasp of frontend web development frameworks, in particular React and Next.js.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high growth company (130k-160k).
- Unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave.
- Top-notch healthcare service.