Medical Director, Clinical Development
Emeryville, CA /
Kyverna is a cell therapy company engineering and developing a new class of curative living medicines for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Kyverna is navigating what’s next in the synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering to create a new class of T-cell therapies programmed to target and selectively modulate the underlying causes of autoimmunity. Join the front lines of a cell therapy revolution where scientists, industry veterans and healthcare visionaries are creating a new class of living medicines for autoimmune disease.
Kyverna is seeking a highly motivated Medical Director with experience in clinical development to join our team developing novel and innovative engineered T cell-based therapies for autoimmune diseases. The ideal candidate will contribute to our goals of navigating what’s next in clinical development of T-cell therapies while living our core values: Bring Intellectual Rigor, Elevate Each Other, and Stay True To Why.
- Serve as the medical lead or provide medical support for CAR T-cell therapy clinical trials in autoimmune disease indications, in partnership with internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Serve as medical monitor of clinical trials and participate in the medical review, analysis, and interpretation of safety, efficacy, PK and biomarker data.
- Develop and update clinical trial and regulatory documents including protocols, ICFs, IB, safety updates, clinical study reports, and responses to health authorities.
- Actively engage with external investigators and researchers to identify, evaluate, and support investigator sponsored studies and research collaborations.
- Help to build and maintain relationships with key scientific/medical experts, academic institutions, professional societies, and patient advocacy organizations.
- MD (or ex-US equivalent) or MD-PhD degree required. Advanced degree or research experience in immunology preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical research experience with 2+ years of industry experience in clinical development involved in the design and execution of clinical trials. Additional experience in medical affairs preferred.
- Specialty training in rheumatology and/or industry experience in clinical development of therapeutics in autoimmune diseases.
- Proven ability to interpret, discuss and present efficacy and safety data
- Working knowledge of GCP/ICH, clinical trial design, clinical development processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong ability to communicate and establish effective working relationship with investigators, collaborators, scientific advisors, professional societies and patient advocacy organizations.
The salary range for this position is $200,000 USD to $240,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate of what we reasonably expect to pay for this posted position, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation individual education, experience, tenure, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for bonus, benefits, and participation in Company’s stock option plan.
Kyverna is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Kyverna is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets