Associate Director, Medical Communications
Emeryville, CA /
Kyverna is a cell therapy company engineering and developing a new class of curative living medicines for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Kyverna is navigating what’s next in the synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering to create a new class of T-cell therapies programmed to target and selectively modulate the underlying causes of autoimmunity. Join the front lines of a cell therapy revolution where scientists, industry veterans and healthcare visionaries are creating a new class of living medicines for autoimmune disease.
The Associate Director, Medical Communications will develop and plan scientific publications. This individual will create a publication strategy and work to establish, coordinate and execute publications tactics. This includes managing the development of scientific presentations and publications. The ideal candidate will contribute to our goals of navigating what’s next in synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering while living our core values: Bring Intellectual Rigor, Elevate Each Other, and Stay True To Why.
- Operate in accordance with all Kyverna’s SOPs, including the Publications SOP, and promote the standards consistent with Good Publication Practice.
- Lead the strategic, operational, and tactical planning for the Publication Plan.
- Write and revise abstracts, posters, case reports, and manuscripts for submission to scientific congresses or peer reviewed journals.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure execution of abstracts, posters, oral presentations and manuscripts in accordance with timelines as set in the publication plan. Manage feedback on publications.
- Attend scientific conferences to enhance therapeutic knowledge and to contribute to execution of Medical Affairs conference deliverables.
- Develop product and disease state expertise and remain current on the changing drug development environment.
- Collaborate with others in support of their functional area deliverables.
- Work with publications and writing vendors as needed.
- Integration of medical communications strategy including congress planning and execution.
- Development of the scientific communication platform.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level degree in related discipline and a minimum of ten years of related experience; or, Master’s level degree in related discipline and a minimum of eight years of related experience; or, Doctorate level degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) and a minimum of four years of related experience; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience with publication development and writing is required.
- Strong understanding of clinical trial design, interpretation of scientific data and communication.
- Skilled medical/technical writer with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, problem-solving, solution-oriented, collaborative team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication of complex medical and scientific data to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative competencies to interface with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Ability to foster relationships, build alignment, negotiate, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Works in a fast-paced, small-team environment that is growing and evolving. This position requires regular reprioritization of projects while adhering to timelines and achievement of deliverables.
- Occasional travel required to support medical affairs activities at scientific congresses and company meetings.
The base salary range for candidates residing in California for this position is $160,000 USD to $190,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate of what we reasonably expect to pay for this posted position, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation individual education, relevant experience, tenure, skills and abilities, geographic location, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for bonus, benefits, and participation in Company’s stock option plan
Kyverna is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Kyverna is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets