Associate Director, Supply Planning and Scheduling
Emeryville, CA /
Kyverna is a cell therapy company engineering and developing a new class of curative living medicines for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Kyverna is navigating what’s next in the synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering to create a new class of T-cell therapies programmed to target and selectively modulate the underlying causes of autoimmunity. Join the front lines of a cell therapy revolution where scientists, industry veterans and healthcare visionaries are creating a new class of living medicines for autoimmune disease.
Kyverna is recruiting a highly motivated Associate Director, Supply Planning and Scheduling in its Technical Operations organization to help advance its mission to free patients from the siege of autoimmune disease. The ideal candidate will contribute to our goals of navigating what’s next in synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering while living our core values: Bring Intellectual Rigor, Elevate Each Other, and Stay True To Why.
The Associate Director, Supply Planning and Scheduling will be responsible for Supply planning and logistics for Kyverna’s autologous and allogeneic cell therapies. This position will be responsible for managing the overall patient schedule, orchestrates the supply to the patient once manufactured.
- Coordination of end-to-end scheduling of each stage of the patient journey for autologous cell therapies; Apheresis to manufacturing to infusion site.
- Orchestrate the integrated schedule to accommodate changes at any point in the overall schedule along the Patient Journey.
- Develop and maintain the Master Scheduling and Coordination of all scheduled activities associated with the supply of cells from the patient and back to the patient (vein-to-vein), including orchestrating schedule adjustments as needed to facilitate variability in the trial specific patient-scheduled visits and activities.
- Own the mechanism and procedure for maintaining COI / COC for the entirety of the process, including sourcing and implementing digital solutions for management of COI/COC and reducing manual transcription.
- Develop process maps and other tools that describe the interface points, communication channels, and schedule orchestration process for Supply Planning and Scheduling.
- Create communication plan to resolve issues and escalations and act as a liaison between Manufacturing facility, Clinical Operations, Quality and CMC.
- Interface with Patient Operations, the Program Team, Clinical, Manufacturing and Treatment Sites to ensure effective and efficiency progression of Vein-to-Vein operations for Kyverna’s Autolgous Cell Therapies.
- Maintain master production schedule and performance metrics.
- Perform a needs assessment, collect from other stakeholders and provide user requirement for, source and implement digital tools that support patient and supply planning, scheduling, and supply orchestration.
- Interface with external partners to overcome barriers to import/export logistics.
- Ensure planning assumption alignment with short-term supply/demand/capacity reporting, including monthly Supply Review and S&OP meetings and presentations
- Develop reporting dashboarding tools to assist stakeholders with monitoring performance, scenario analysis and decision making.
- Perform demand, supply and capacity scenario-, risk-, and sensitivity analyses by product, region, and manufacturing site in support of planning and ad-hoc reviews.
- Lead/ support product traceability and cell orchestration process and system capabilities.
- Represent the department on cross-functional project teams, as requested.
- Effectively manage the supply chain and logistics function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences field with minimum 10 years of Supply Chain experience in a regulated environment either hospital or pharmaceutical/biotech or cell therapy operations management.
- ·Experience working in Cell Therapy, Apheresis or Stem Cell Transplant programs essential.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (cGMP/GCP/GTP) required.
- Experience with supply orchestration of a Make-to-Order (autologous cell or other individualized) therapy preferred.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Direct experience and working knowledge in demand/ supply planning, S&OP, site scheduling, warehouse, and/or materials planning/procurement.
- Direct experience and working knowledge in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, cell therapy preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, strategic thinking and leadership in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability with ability to make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality, and risk.
- Able to effectively achieve targets and lead activities in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals and objectives.
- Self-starter, works effectively in teams.
- This position is onsite at our Emeryville, CA location.
The base salary range for candidates residing in California for this position is $165,000 USD to 180,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate of what we reasonably expect to pay for this posted position, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation individual education, relevant experience, tenure, skills and abilities, geographic location, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for bonus, benefits, and participation in Company’s stock option plan
Kyverna is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Kyverna is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets