Research Associate – Technical Operations Analytical Development, Bioassay
Emeryville, CA /
Tech Ops /
Kyverna is a cell therapy company engineering and developing a new class of curative living medicines for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Kyverna is navigating what’s next in the synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering to create a new class of T-cell therapies programmed to target and selectively modulate the underlying causes of autoimmunity. Join the front lines of a cell therapy revolution where scientists, industry veterans and healthcare visionaries are creating a new class of living medicines for autoimmune disease.
Kyverna is recruiting for a Research Associate of Analytical Development in its Technical Development organization to help advance its mission to free patients from the siege of autoimmune disease. The ideal candidate develop analytical methods to characterize, monitor, and understand the attributes of engineered cells and gene transfer technologies that are part of the Kyverna pipeline. This individual will contribute to our goals of navigating what’s next in synthetic biology, immunology and cell engineering while living our core values: Bring Intellectual Rigor, Elevate Each Other, and Stay True To Why.
- Contribute to developing analytical methods, including PCR, cell-based functional methods, and flow assays to characterize cell-based therapies.
- Participate in qualifying methods for product identity, purity, impurity, strength, and function (potency) for both cell-based products and gene-transfer technologies (viral vector-based and non-viral vector based).
- Write test procedures, SOPs, and protocols.
- Support process development by providing analytical testing and data analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in tech transfer and troubleshooting of methods between Kyverna and Kyverna’s business partners or contract organizations.
- Present and Provide input to teams on topics of analytical importance and impact.
- Collaborate with research and technical development within Kyverna and CMO/CRO organizations supporting the business.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life-science field
- 3+ years of directly related experience developing or performing methods such as cell-based assays (e.g., cytotoxicity assays), PCR-based assays, flow assays, DNA/RNA extraction, and concentration measurement.
- Ability to think critically, troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a changing environment.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and dynamically reprioritize as needed.
- Resourcefulness in overcoming challenges and possess the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical, biomarker, biostatistical, and pre-clinical scientists, including peer to peer interactions with academic scientific experts.
- Self-starter, works effectively in teams.
- Work experience in relevant cell therapy programs (e.g., CAR-T, NK-T, iPSC) is preferred.
- Experienced with cell culture, banking, and cell handling with an aseptic technique.
- Good understanding of T cell biology and means to measure function desirable in immune cells.
- Experience in QC lab is a plus.
- Method qualification/validation experience is preferred.
- Experience in Electronic lab notebook (e.g., Benchling) is preferred.
The salary range for this position is $69,000 USD to $96,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate of what we reasonably expect to pay for this posted position, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation individual education, experience, tenure, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for bonus and benefits.
Kyverna is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Kyverna is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets