Snr DevOps Engineer
At Leo Technologies, we are passionate about building software that solves real-world problems in the Public Safety sector. Our software has been used to help the fight against continuing criminal enterprises, drug trafficking organizations, identifying financial fraud, disrupting sex and human trafficking rings and focusing on mental health matters to name a few.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior DevOps (Kubernetes) engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing and architecting SaaS applications in Kubernetes and possess some Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) experience. Ultimately delivering a highly available and reliable SaaS platform.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will play a critical role in ensuring that our systems are highly available, reliable, and scalable.
- You will architect, build and monitor cloud-native architectures with Kubernetes and related technologies for our customers.
- You should have a deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline architecture, including deployments into Kubernetes environments.
- Experience in utilizing and enhancing observability systems such as Prometheus and Grafana, along with log aggregation systems like ELK or SumoLogic, including their respective agents.
- You will assist in the design and operation of critical cloud infrastructure on AWS. Our ideal applicant is passionate about enhancing the overall delivery and site-reliability story, as well as communication between all engineers and management relying on the infrastructure.
- You love working with people and sharing your knowledge with your peers and be extremely knowledgeable in the Cloud-Native field.
- Work closely with development teams to create a streamlined, automated build and deployment process for SaaS applications in Kubernetes.
- Manage the infrastructure for SaaS applications in Kubernetes.
- Monitor and maintain the availability and performance of production systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Continuously improve our DevOps processes and tooling, identifying opportunities for automation and streamlining
- Continuously optimize the infrastructure and provide recommendations for scaling and improving performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions for the infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production incidents in a timely manner.
- Participate in on-call rotation as necessary.
- Ensure the security and compliance of our production systems and data
- Mentor and coach junior DevOps engineers
What We Value
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required in maintaining optimal performance of online production environments, utilizing bare metal, cloud, and container technologies.
- At least 4 years of which you have spent managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with exposure to the use of cloud vendor Kubernetes solutions such as EKS, AKS, and GKE.
- Strong experience in architecting and managing SaaS applications in Kubernetes.
- Solid experience in scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with Infrastructure deployment and automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Working knowledge of Industry-standard build tooling and CI/CD using CircleCI, CodePipeline and GitHub.
- Expertise in monitoring and logging solutions such as Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK Stack.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts such as load balancing, firewalls, and SSL certificates.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and shell scripting.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working in an agile environment and understanding of agile methodologies.
- Certifications such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator) or CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer) is a plus.
Technologies We Use
- We are hosted on AWS Cloud and use numerous AWS services.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Kubernetes are leveraged for our Infrastructure deployment and automation.
- Industry-standard build tooling and CI/CD using Jenkins, CodePipeline and GitHub.
- Our backend languages primarily consist of Elixir, NodeJS and some Python.
- We use Kafka to manage our event driven workflow.
- TypeScript and React are central to our front-end development.
- A low-code test automation framework for end-to-end testing.
- A mix of open-source and proprietary technologies that are tailored to the problems at hand.
What You Can Expect
- Work with a highly motivated and driven team trying to solve challenging, real-world problems that help our public safety mission.
- Enjoy great team camaraderie whether at our Irvine office or working remotely.
- Thrive on the fast pace and challenging problems to solve.
- Modern technologies and tools.
- Continuous learning environment.
- Opportunity to communicate and work with people of all technical levels in a team environment.
- Grow as you are given feedback and incorporate it into your work.
- Be part of a self-managing team that enjoys support and direction when required.
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year.
- Competitive Salary.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Sick, and paid holidays are offered.
- Stand/ sit workstations at our amenity rich office in Irvine, CA.
- Casual environment.
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks on site.
LEO Technologies is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.