Program Manager/Director, Hack House (Engineering)
Product – Program Management /
Launch House is a community built to connect and support the world’s most ambitious founders, engineers and other builders. since we started around a year and a half ago, we've built out an incredibly deep community of some of the best founders in the world through our IRL residency programs. after launching the LA and NYC locations, we're launching the Metaverse location and doubling down on our digital community
this story doesn't end with founders. like a university has many schools, our community will have many Houses. in february 2022, we're launching the most important one: Hack House, a community for engineers. we're looking for a leader in software engineering to work directly with the founders to build an engineering community on the level of MIT or CalTech from the ground up.
the ideal teammate for this role is autonomous, strategic and execution oriented.
what you'll do
- help design, maintain, and evolve the new Hack House community and programming
- work closely with location leads to manage all programming — planning, hosting, and designing events and residency programs (digital and physical)
- design and execute strategies to maximize community engagement and NPS score of community members
- support the community application and onboarding process: screening, interviewing, candidate selection, and closing candidates
- design and launch new experimental initiatives and products for the community based on feedback and your own observations. offer input to our product team as we build out our 'digital campus' platform
- ultimately, ensure members have a mind-blowing experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of before
you're a great fit if you
- 2-7+ years experience (depending on level) in engineering leadership, cofounding tech startups, venture capital, developer relations, or engineering content
- have an extremely strong network in the engineering community
- an owner's mentality - high output and are execution oriented
- strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- unique interpersonal skills and charisma - you enjoy building new relationships
- passion for startups (you may be a former founder yourself)
- natural curiosity and have gone deep in web3, meme culture, and/or startups
why this is a great opportunity
- lead from day 1 - maybe you're used to running the show. that's great because here you will. we aim to make Hack House and other Houses more and more autonomous over time.
- fun af - this isn't b2b saas. you get paid to think about how to create a fun experience for some of the coolest people in the world
- cutting edge - we're a leader in the community space and are constantly pushing the envelope with new strategies and technologies like NFTs and tokens.
- ground floor opportunity - we're still early in our journey and team members joining now will see more personal, professional and financial growth than they've ever seen before in their careers working directly with founders
- crazy good network - you'll meet hundreds of the the smartest people in the world through the community, top notch guest speakers and investors (we're funded by some of the best) and they will view you as a leader. our early team is also absolutely killer :)
What is Launch House?
We are a community built to connect and support the world’s most ambitious entrepreneurs and creators. Through multidimensional physical and digital community spaces, we are a literal and metaphorical Creator House where collaboration and learning takes place. Modeled after the experience at an elite university, Launch House is an ivy-league institution built for the internet age.
Selection for the community is through a competitive process, and we currently have physical locations in Los Angeles, New York City, and soon online in the Metaverse.
Launch House was founded by Michael Houck, Jacob Peters, and Brett Goldstein in 2020 during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Michael formerly led Product at Airbnb and joined the founding team of Uber Eats, helping it scale to a multi-billion dollar business line. Jacob formerly co-founded Commsor (Series A), and has built and advised communities of millions. Brett was a Google Product Manger and also spent time on the M&A team, where he directly advised the Google CEO.