Full Stack Engineer
Product – Engineering /
launch house is a community built to help the most talented people in the world achieve success & fulfillment. our business lives between y combinator and soho house. we're in a great position to build unique and useful products for the new, distributed silicon valley. we have a ton of validated ideas, and we're currently looking to build up our early team to meaningfully shape their direction and own their builds.
our products fall into three areas: member experience (giving our members the tools, services, and products they need to achieve their goals), internal tooling (help our team operate this very complex business efficiently), and web3 products (adding new ways to put our community on chain). you'll be joining super early, so you'll be working across the entire business. over time, there will be opportunities to step up and lead in these areas.
the ideal teammate for this role is a strong executor that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, but can also think creatively and drive strategy decisions.
what you'll do
- work closely with our founding team to build new products and help drive product direction
- be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing entire projects from idea to launch
- deliver quality, clean, scalable solutions
- fully integrate into the LH community and gain empathy for our community members' needs
- be pushed to think about the future — what could we be building in 12 months?
- grow into a leader within the company
- meet some of the most inspiring people you'll ever meet — our community members
you're a great fit if you have
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer at a hyper-growth startup
- experience building apis and managing databases (node.js, mongodb, others)
- experience growing new initiatives from 0 to 1
- strong written & verbal communication skills
- comfort working in a rapidly evolving environment with tight deadlines
- are familiar with or interested in web3
why this is a great opportunity
- fun af - this isn't b2b saas. you get paid to think about how to create a fun experience for some of the coolest people in the world
- cutting edge - we're a leader in the community space and are constantly pushing the envelope with new strategies and technologies like NFTs and tokens
- ground floor opportunity - we're still early in our journey and team members joining now will see more personal, professional and financial growth than they've ever seen before in their careers working directly with founders
- crazy good network - you'll meet hundreds of the the smartest people in the world through the community, top notch guest speakers and investors (we're funded by some of the best) and they will view you as a leader. our early team is also absolutely killer :)
what is launch house?
we are a community built to help the most talented people in the world achieve success & fulfillment — we see those two things are equal, core balanced pillars of both personal and professional growth.
we run curated, intimate cohorts of high-potential individuals in gorgeous physical and digital spaces. we believe in creating authentic, deep bonds rather than transactional relationships. our job is curating those groups and setting up structures for collaboration, learning, and growth to happen in.
launch house was founded by houck (ex-airbnb + uber), brett goldstein (ex-google), and jacob peters (multi-time founder) in 2020. others on our early team come from amazon, wework, morning brew, and similarly great places. we're now venture-backed by tier 1 firms and angels.
in our first year of operation, we've been called the next y combinator, a university, a future country, and many more galaxy-brained descriptors. but, for now, we're focused on building a great community and team. apply now and let's chat.