Software Engineer III
Sunnyvale/San Francisco/New York /
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: This candidate will have technical ownership of designs and services, while influencing good coding practices amongst peers. Responsibilities include designing, coding, reviewing, testing, fixing, researching, deploying and maintaining services and code in AWS production environments. Candidates are technical leaders in their domain who can prioritize well, develop at a high standard, navigate ambiguous problem domains well, and have a consistent track record of high performance and delivery.
- You are passionate about changing the banking system to meet the needs of a digital economy
- You bring 3+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language (preference for Java and/or Go)
- Have passion for building scalable and performant RESTful APIs
- Experience building with AWS technologies and services
- Hands-on coding: Develop and maintain a high quality code base, consistently delivering challenging, stable, and maintainable projects on schedule.
- Ability to collaborate/compromise to get to the best, most efficient outcome
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to align stakeholders on the goals and deliverables
- You are curious, have humility and are open to learning
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Fintech experience is a plus
- Ability to perform in a fluid environment with high autonomy
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on geographical market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $155,000 - $215,000 (SF/Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, LA)
Zone 2: $145,080 - $200,000 (Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, DC)
Zone 3: $135,000 - $186,560 (Other US Metros)
#LI #engineering #softwareengineerjobs #hybrid