Kansas City, MO
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
We are looking for a Branch Banker to join our Deposit team! The Branch Banker position is one of the most important client support roles at Lead Bank. Branch Bankers are the faces of our organization and work alongside our clients to help them achieve their financial goals. Our team of Bankers work in a fast-paced environment where they multitask and prioritize their work using their discretion. We intentionally created a non-traditional banking atmosphere that allows each client to have a personalized, immersive experience.
In this role you will:
- Open new personal and business accounts and associated products
- Complete online banking enrollment and check orders on client’s behalf
- Issue debit and credit cards; troubleshoot denials; initiate fraud claims
- Process funds transfers (internal, ACH, wire)Troubleshoot and resolve online banking issues clients may experience
- Verify personal and business identification documents (CIP/KYC) and archive paperwork
- Process new online account applications
- Provide a seamless digital client experience through live chats, emailed requests, and website form inquiries
- Provide ongoing client support to further business or enhance client account productivity
- Become a Lead Bank product knowledge expert. Educate clients and new hires on specifics of our financial service offerings
- Utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- All other duties as assigned
- At least one year of banking experience
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, multitasking when required while also showing great attention to detail
- Bring excellent client care skills that will help you build professional relationships and curate interactions based on client motivations
- Are a team player and enjoy working with people to achieve the best and most efficient result
- Show a strong accountability and group responsibility for the customers we serve, taking on and performing tasks
- Embody the growth mindset and bring a self-driven and self-starter mentality to your work
- Brings communication skills that help you understand client needs
- Thrives in social situations
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
$20 - $23 an hour
*Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 6:30pm Saturday (Rotating Schedule) 8:30am-12:30pm
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#hiring #banking #LI