Sr Data Engineer (Remote)
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Data /
Leapfin’s mission is to empower finance teams by liberating financial information. Our platform is leading the Finance Operations revolution to automate three key functions: data integration, data normalization, and financial reporting. We are committed to building a lasting organization with products that our customers value. People at Leapfin are constantly iterating and working together to drive our business forward and ensure our customers are successful. Together, we can redefine what it means to work in finance.
As Leapfin’s Sr. Data Engineer, you will design and develop high-performance data pipelines that are central to Leapfin’s SaaS platform. You will partner closely with other engineers and the product team to help us manage billions of financial records for our customers. We are a data platform at our core, so the work you will do is critical in driving our ability to scale.
- Design and develop high-performance data pipelines
- Intelligently design analytic solutions via Big Data and Data Warehousing architectures
- Deploy robust data quality checks and monitoring
- Educate internal teams on self-serve methods for exploring data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years of experience in data modelling, pipeline design, implementation, maintenance and performance tuning
- 5+ years of SQL and data warehousing experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python or other high-level programming languages
- 3+ years of experience with workflow management and monitoring tools (e.g.: Airflow, Grafana, Prometheus)
- 2+ years of experience using BI tools. (e.g.: Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Snowflake migrations
- Experience working on a fully distributed engineering team
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited paid-time-off and sick days
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Rapidly scaling startup with plenty of opportunities to do meaningful work
Leapfin is a Fully Remote Workplace
Talent has no borders. We welcome both US-based and international applicants and have active team members throughout the world. However, all employees are expected to be online during US business hours (PT, MT, CT, or ET).
Leapfin is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.