Senior Security Architect
Engineering Team /
At Lotic, we are on a mission to leverage technology for good to help people live their tomorrow better than today through the power of responsible AI, behavioral science and personal storytelling in a trusted, secure first of its kind space. Our mission is not just words on a sheet of paper written by an ad or recruiting agency. Instead, our mission reflects the very purpose our team lives by every day. We realize technologists have lots of possibilities to deploy their skills in today’s marketplace. But if you are a high performer ready to put your talents to use in a way that makes you feel proud for being part of a human-centered mission, then we invite you to reach out and learn more about Lotic. Those looking for a title change or resume upgrade, maintaining the status quo or are uncomfortable with building something that’s never been built before, need not apply.
- Develop and implement security policies, standards, and procedures to protect the company's data and assets.
- Conduct regular security audits to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Manage and monitor network security devices, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus software, to detect and prevent security breaches.
- Coordinate with outside companies to perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify and address security weaknesses in the company's infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure that security controls are integrated into all aspects of the company's systems and applications.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, threats, and technologies, and make recommendations to senior management as needed.
- Train employees on security best practices and procedures, and provide ongoing security awareness training.
- Investigate security incidents and breaches, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Manage access control systems, to ensure that only authorized users have access to company resources.
- Work with third-party vendors and service providers to ensure that their products and services meet the company's security requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in IT security, risk management, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of security technologies and products, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and encryption.
- Experience with security frameworks and standards, such as ISO 27001, NIST, and CIS.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools, penetration testing tools, and other security assessment tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate security risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with access control systems, and experience managing user access and permissions.
- Knowledge of cloud security and experience securing cloud-based applications and infrastructure is a plus.
- Security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or CompTIA Security+, are a plus.
- Experience with AWS Cognito a plus
Lotic is an insights company committed to helping people live life better. At Lotic, we believe every person has a story and every voice matters. Lotic offers a place to tell that story, aiming to help people understand themselves better through the use of artificial intelligence, data science, and behavioral science to provide private, unique insights that allow individuals to live their tomorrow better than today.
Our mission is to provide individuals increased self-awareness and evidence-based solutions.
Our teammates are mission-driven, collaborative, empathetic, and intellectually curious. The foundations for Lotic’s culture are discipline, honesty, pragmatism, focus, inclusiveness, authenticity, and creativity.
We are a fully-remote company that meets once a quarter onsite for a few days of collaboration and team fun. So far, our team has experienced L.A, Austin (Yeehaw!), Toronto, and Pittsburgh.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We strongly believe the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we can be. We are committed to equal opportunity, celebrating individual differences and embracing diversity by building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply, including underrepresented groups and communities. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process, please let us know.
- We pay you and your family’s insurance premiums
- Shared stock pool
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote