Data Science Team /
Lotic is an insights company committed to helping individuals live life better. At Lotic, we believe every person has a story and every voice matters. By telling that story, Lotic aims to help individuals understand themselves better, utilizing artificial intelligence, data science, and behavioral science to help individuals live their tomorrow better than today. Lotic is committed to ensuring user privacy and data security in everything we do.
At Lotic, our team is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and here is how the NLP Data Scientist can make an impact:
Job Title and Responsibilities:
- Use machine learning to extract actionable and personalized insights for a given user
- Create responsible validation system for LLM usage
- Develop and optimize machine learning models for tracking changes in individual psychological states and behavior over time
- Support efforts to build rigorous data analysis and storage pipelines
- Communicate about machine learning modeling with internal talent to support effective data collection and analysis processes, and incorporate behavioral science best practices
- Education: Bachelor Degree minimum, Graduate degree a plus
- Previous experience: 2+ years with data visualization, data science, or machine learning
- Demonstrated technical abilities with tools such as python, dagster, Airflow, pyspark, a machine learning framework such as tensorflow or pytorch, xgboost libraries, AWS cloudbase stack, Weights and Biases
- Ability to clearly communicate modeling insights to non-experts but also speak technically on
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other data scientists, statisticians, and researchers
- Comfort with learning new skills and addressing novel problems that are typical of the start-up environment
- This is a position to apply for if you are looking for a company where you can apply your talent to help solve pressing needs in the areas of mental well-being, love to learn, and have a track record of working hard to achieve goals in an ego-free environment.
- Other duties as needed to help support key company priorities and colleagues in dynamic, mission driven startup
Lotic has an awesome collaborative, mission-driven culture. Our colleagues describe themselves as teammates, proactive, and empathetic with a passion for mental well-being, intellectual curiosity, health equity and increased self-understanding. The foundations for Lotic ’s culture are discipline, urgency, honesty, pragmatism, focus, inclusiveness, authenticity and creativity.
Location and Benefits
● Role operates in a hybrid remote environment but candidates local to Austin commuting area is a major plus, along with Los Angeles or Pittsburgh to promote routine in person team collaboration. Regardless of home base location, regular travel is expected for meetings, workshops or team engagement activities considered most effective in person.
● Salary to be determined with candidate
● Benefits include health, vision, dental and paid time-off
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Lotic, we strongly believe the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we can be. We are committed to equal opportunity, celebrating individual differences and embracing diversity by building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply, including underrepresented groups and communities. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process, please let us know.