Austin, TX (HQ) /
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a team of world-class brilliant minds like you who are resourceful doers and crave creative problem-solving. Founded in 2015 and based in Austin, Texas, Lottery.com is creating the world’s number one digital lottery brand. We’re bringing digital sales of official lottery games to the world and launching global charitable sweepstakes.
Would you describe yourself as:
-Serverless Architect and Developer
-Single Table Design Expert
-Someone whose communication style is to-the-point and fact-based?
-Thorough, meticulous and a case matter expert in your area of expertise?
-Sounds like you? Keep reading.....
What We Offer:
SALARY: $120,000 - $150,000/annually
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Paid 100% by Employer
UNLIMITED VACATION DAYS
*To learn more about our benefits visit https://lottery.com/benefits/
The engineering team gets to work on various products, built for web, native iOS, native Android, React. At Lottery.com, engineering is a crucial part of the product team and will work very closely with product management and product designers. When assigning projects, we consider both expertise and the passion for the goal. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. Culture and transparency are very important to us, and as such, we have regular internal demo/tech talks, and retrospects.
We seek a candidate who is extremely passionate about building highly-scalable, serverless solutions for international products. We want someone who drives a balance between testing and progress to drive SDLC’s forward.
- Design and implement key components of our technical infrastructure, including services supporting payments, lottery results, user management, ticket facilitation and more.
- Take ownership over mission-critical functionality that is consumed by our mobile, web and internal applications
- Work as a team with your peers, collaborating on architecture, mentoring teammates and pushing our entire stack forwards.
- Partner with sister squads, including frontend, growth and product teams on delivering a seamless experience across the board.
- Stay up to date on the latest innovations in our industry and in our tech stack.
- Help architect and maintain Serverless and Event Source systems at scale.
- Experience with AWS, specifically Lambda and AppSync.
- Experience with Single Table design on DynamoDB
- Practical experience working with REST, GraphQL, and JSON interfaces
- Excellent problem solving, organization, communication, and collaboration skills
- A passion for writing and including automated tests with your code.
- Team player with the ability to also work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to be available on Slack and to regularly sync up with your peers and the larger company team
- A constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with modern frameworks like Serverless, Booster and NestJS
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Kong Enterprise Platform
- CI/CD development experience for optimizing deployment times
Personality Traits We Admire
Grit: We are resilient marathoners who finish what we start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
Rigor: Data-driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take action - quickly.
Collaboration: We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
Ownership: We sign up for the hard stuff and take extreme ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don’t let attitude get in the way of getting it done.
Curiosity: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions, and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’re creating the future together.
We encourage you to apply if this is a role/field of interest to you so that even if this role may not be the "perfect" fit we can have your information on file and consider you for future opportunities that may closely align with our business needs.
Please be advised: Lottery.com does not accept unsolicited resumes or services from third-party recruitment agencies. In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Lottery.com and affiliates shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to Lottery.com employees, shall be deemed the property of Lottery.com.