Full Stack Engineer (Data & Analytics)
Austin, TX (HQ) /
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a team of world-class brilliant minds like you who are resourceful doers and crave creative problem-solving. Founded in 2015 and based in Austin, Texas, Lottery.com is creating the world’s number one digital lottery brand. We’re bringing digital sales of official lottery games to the world and launching global charitable sweepstakes.
Would you describe yourself as:
-Data Nerd, Number Cruncher, or Dashboard Queen/King?
-Analytically deductive and an independent problem solver?
-Someone whose communication style is to-the-point and fact-based?
-Thorough, meticulous and a case matter expert in your area of expertise?
-Sounds like you? Keep reading.....
What We Offer:
SALARY: $80,000 - $100,000/annually
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Paid 100% by Employer
UNLIMITED VACATION DAYS
*To learn more about our benefits visit https://lottery.com/benefits/
The engineering team gets to work on various products, built for web, native iOS, native Android, React Native, and React-Native-Web experiences. At Lottery.com, engineering is a crucial part of the product team and will work very closely with product management and product designers. When assigning projects, we consider both expertise and the passion for the goal. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. Culture and transparency are very important to us, and as such, we have regular internal demo/tech talks, and retrospects.
We seek a candidate who is extremely passionate about data and analytics and data driven decision making. The Full-Stack Data & Insights Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing tracking and reporting in all of our products alongside the VP of Data & Insights.
- Lead integration and implementation efforts and provide architectural direction for cross-platform metrics and reporting, and logging systems.
- Manage the complete software development lifecycle for real-time engineering dashboards and business KPI dashboards.
- Enforce analytics and logging best practices and standards.
- Work as a team with your peers, collaborating on architecture and mentoring teammates
- Stay up to date on the latest innovations in our industry and in our tech stack
- Integrate with and manage integrations into Google Analytics and other BI tools.
- Work with the product team to ensure metrics and tracking is planned from the start.
- Capable of writing technical specs and documenting work
- Management of Jira, Git, Google Analytics, and other platform systems
- Working with Google Analytics, Google BigQuery, and MongoDB
- Experience with distributed tracing, microservice architecture and BI tools.
- Experience with TypeScript for both Frontend and Backend systems in the NodeJS environment.
- Practical experience working with REST, GraphQL, and JSON interfaces
- Excellent problem solving, organization, communication, and collaboration skills
- Team player with the ability to also work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to be available on Slack and to regularly sync up with your peers and the larger company team
- A constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with Mixpanel
- Experience working with microservices architectures on “serverless” platforms
- Familiarity with event sourcing
- Expertise with DynamoDB, AppSync and AWS in general.
Personality Traits We Admire
Grit: We are resilient marathoners who finish what we start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
Rigor: Data-driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take action - quickly.
Collaboration: We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
Ownership: We sign up for the hard stuff and take extreme ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don’t let attitude get in the way of getting it done.
Curiosity: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions, and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’re creating the future together.
We encourage you to apply if this is a role/field of interest to you so that even if this role may not be the "perfect" fit we can have your information on file and consider you for future opportunities that may closely align with our business needs.
Please be advised: Lottery.com does not accept unsolicited resumes or services from third-party recruitment agencies. In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Lottery.com and affiliates shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to Lottery.com employees, shall be deemed the property of Lottery.com.