Director of Product Design
Austin, TX (HQ) /
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a team of world-class brilliant minds like you who are resourceful doers and crave creative problem-solving. Founded in 2015 and based in Austin, Texas, Lottery.com is creating the world’s number one digital lottery brand. We’re bringing digital sales of official lottery games to the world and launching global charitable sweepstakes.
Would you describe yourself as:
-Analytically deductive yet empathetic to users’ experiences?
-Having a communication style that is persuasive and factually driven?
-Someone who has an innate sense of aesthetics and embraces creative challenges head-on, with an open mind?
-Able to blend business goals with users’ desires?
-Thorough, meticulous, goal-oriented, and a case matter expert in your area of expertise?
-Curious, truth-seeking, and love to solve challenging problems?
What We Offer:
SALARY: $150,000 - $200,000
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Paid 100% by Employer
UNLIMITED VACATION DAYS
*To learn more about our benefits visit https://lottery.com/benefits/
The product team gets to work on a diverse suite of products, built for Web, iOS, and Android - providing opportunities for users to give, play, and win. At Lottery.com, design is a crucial part of the product team and will work very closely with the product management, data & insights, and engineering teams. When assigning projects, we consider both expertise and the passion for the goal. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. Culture and transparency are very important to us and as such, we have regular internal demo/tech talks, and retrospects.
We seek candidates who are highly skilled product designers who are comfortable blending a high standard for visual design with an unrelenting focus on usability and rock-solid intuitiveness. We have ambitious plans and top-notch platform design is crucial. Product Designers are responsible for producing work that takes a user experience-first approach to solving problems. Your work should delight our users every time they use our product.
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight and drive productive outcomes for our users, as well as our company
- Provide creative direction throughout the company, working collaboratively with the marketing team
- Directly manage a team of product designers, providing guidance and mentorship as they develop their skills and achieve personal milestones
- Set the tone with your team; guide projects efficiently from assignment, through iteration, to timely delivery
- Endlessly test. From napkin sketches to wireframes, to low fidelity comps, to sophisticated interactive prototypes; user research and testing drives our approach
- Work with the product team to help shape the product strategy and vision
- Capable of generating design documentation and style guides formatted to be efficiently and precisely translated to working code by our engineers
- Help to maintain visual and brand consistency across all products
- 6+ years of industry experience in fast-paced creative environments, creating engaging experiences for mass consumption on a global scale
- 2+ years of experience actively mentoring or directly managing other product designers
- A stunning portfolio of beautiful, playful, immersive, and functional experiences, demonstrating thoughtful interactions across a variety of modern platforms/devices
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to be available on Slack and to regularly sync up with your peers and the larger company team
- A constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage
Toolbox Knowledge Base
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD; Figma preferred
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools, like Figma, Framer, InVision, or similar; Figma preferred
- Familiarity with motion study software, like Lottie, Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects/AEUX, or similar
Bonus Points For
- Track record leading design teams. You inspire passion, dedication, and killer work from others
- Eager to contribute to high-level strategic decisions, in collaboration with the product team and company leadership
Personality Traits We Admire
Grit: We are resilient marathoners who finish what we start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
Rigor: Data-driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take action - quickly.
Collaboration: We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
Ownership: We sign up for the hard stuff and take extreme ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don’t let attitude get in the way of getting it done.
Curiosity: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions, and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’re creating the future together.
We encourage you to apply if this is a role/field of interest to you so that even if this role may not be the "perfect" fit we can have your information on file and consider you for future opportunities that may closely align with our business needs.
Please be advised: Lottery.com does not accept unsolicited resumes or services from third-party recruitment agencies. In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Lottery.com and affiliates shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to Lottery.com employees, shall be deemed the property of Lottery.com.