Firmware Reverse Engineer
Remote - USA /
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute power). Over the past four years, we have been acting as a buyer of hashrate, purchasing and mining over $500mm worth. We currently have 140,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily.
We believe that proof-of-work is the future of decentralized blockchains and we want to help build the underlying infrastructure to support it. We are building a suite of products around compute power as an asset class. Our new venture is custom-firmware for cryptocurrency mining ASICs, a valuable and demanded product in the market.
The Firmware Reverse Engineer role will report directly to the CPO. This position is remote within the US.
Firmware Engineer Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with some of the common reverse engineering software (Binary Ninja, Ghidra, IDA, binwalk, and so many more...)
- Reverse engineering experience with one or more of Xilinx Zynq (ARMv7), TI AM3358 (ARM Cortex-A8 / PRU-ICSS), Amlogic SOC (ARM Cortex-A53).
- Preferably familiarity with the hardware aspects of firmware reversing (glitching, reading schematics, bus sniffing using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment)
- English language proficiency
- Bachelors in Engineering or 4 years of relevant experience
Firmware Engineer Responsibilities:
- At the core of this position, you will help reverse engineer firmwares for an embedded system consisting of daughter boards containing ASICs and a control board. Several different control boards are used interchangibly, each utilizing a different chip family. These are one of Xilinx SOC, BeagleBone Black boards, or Amlogic SOC. You will also assist in engineering a replacement firmware.
At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all. Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.