Senior Financial Analyst
Americas (Remote) /
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute power). Over the past three years, we have been acting as a buyer of hashrate, purchasing, and mining over $45mm worth. We currently have 35,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily.
We fundamentally believe that compute power itself is a commodity and we want to build out traditional marketplaces and derivates for it. We are building a spot market for hashrate, not dissimilar to a compute-power version of Henry Hub. After this is completed we will begin building incredibly powerful and interesting derivative products on the value of hashrate.
This role will report to the CFO. This is a remote role. The candidate must be based in the U.S. or Canada with proper work authorization.
Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to help the company's internal operations with a strong focus on preparing financial statements, handling taxes, creating budgets, and treasury management. Because we are still a relatively small company this position would also get exposure to human resources, recruiting, compliance, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or CFA.
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting/finance.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements in the U.S.
- Knowledge and expertise in cryptocurrency tax and regulation in the U.S.
- Experience with cryptocurrency wallets and transacting via Blockchains.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Programming experience, Python preferred.
- Knowledge of the crypto mining industry, including technology, and economics.
- Experience in treasury management.
- 3 years of experience in budgeting.
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use.
- Perform daily general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Filing taxes in coordination with our third-party CPA firm.
- Treasury management of our cryptocurrency and USD funds, creating plans around earning yield on our balance sheet.
- Collaborate with senior management on budgeting for both the company and projects.
- Helping with areas of human resources.
- Helping out with compliance and KYC.
- Ready to work on a wide-range of operational tasks.
At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all.
Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.