Senior Embedded Engineer
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute power). Over the past four years we have been acting as a buyer of hashrate, purchasing, and mining over $200mm worth. We currently have 80,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily.
We believe that proof-of-work is the future of decentralized blockchains and we want to help build the underlying infrastructure to support it. We are building a suite of products around compute power as an asset class. Our new venture is custom-firmware for cryptocurrency mining ASICs, a valuable and demanded product in the market.
This role will report directly to the CPO. This position is a mix of in-office (Seattle) and remote.
Senior Embedded Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer to join our small, collaborative, and fast-moving team to work on one of the most rewarding projects in the crypto mining industry.
- Proven experience with cryptocurrency, including (but not limited to) an understanding of mining pools and mining software.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Ability to build with Rust, Python, Unix Shell (Bash), Linux, and C.
- Understanding of communication protocols such as GPIO, I2C, SPI, USART, and embedded Linux flavors.
- Experience debugging hardware with JTAG and other logic analyzers.
- English language proficiency.
- Design, develop and build custom firmware for a suite of cryptocurrency hardware.
- Debug existing systems and develop interfaces to communicate with the underlying hardware.
- Design, develop and optimize system bringup, debugging and testing.
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and detailed requirements for the project.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of underlying target hardware.
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all.
Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.