Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Kubernetes)
Americas (Remote) /
Back End /
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute power). Over the past three years we have been acting as a buyer of hashrate, purchasing, and mining over $45mm worth. We currently have 35,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily.
We fundamentally believe that compute power itself is a commodity and we want to build out traditional marketplaces and derivates for it.
We are building a spot-market for hashrate, not dissimilar to a compute-power version of Henry Hub. After this is completed we will begin building incredibly powerful and interesting derivative products on the value of hashrate.
You will develop the technical design for either cloud or on-premises solutions. Also, influence designs across R&D using original research and advanced analysis. You’ll design solutions for business-critical and highly complex engineering projects by applying extensive domain expertise in performance testing. You’ll provide oversight of code and design reviews, and ensure features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements.
Our teams own mission-critical aspects of a rapidly growing, globally distributed platform (eg: Hashrate Marketplace and 15 unique mining pools), in the cloud, and, as such, you will have an incredible amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our product, with visibility throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership.
This role will report directly to the CTO. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate is based between UTC-8 and UTC-3 timezones.
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our rapidly expanding modern infrastructure. You will be part of a talented backend team responsible for maintaining a high availability of service across our production and staging Kubernetes clusters.
- Expert in container security and best practices around Kubernetes RBAC user permissioning, zero-trust security with Pomerium (or other IAP).
- Experience in GitOps and service-mesh technology (Istio, Envoy)
- Experience in DevOps, cloud technologies, CI/CD Pipelines and API integrations.
- Deep understanding of programming and experience with at least one programming language.
- English language proficiency.
- Familiar with Helm, Kustomize, and using and building custom Kubernetes operators.
- Familiar with Golang, Docker, Typescript, GCP.
- Experience in maintaining data-analytics and data-pipeline services (Elasticsearch, Grafana, Minio, Spark, PrestoSQL/Trino)
- Knowledge of blockchain technology / mining pool industry.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about cryptocurrency and public-blockchain technologies.
- Has an interest in creating an entirely new market with Hashrate (compute power) as a commodity.
- Has an interest in thinking and evolving the architecture of our software to make it robust and maintainable.
- Enjoys writing code and pushing boundaries of what has been done so far.
- Brings fun to the team but can also go own the rabbit hole to push quality code on schedule.
- Develop detection strategies and deploy alerting to identify malicious activity.
- Responsible for the infrastructure security from third party attacks and internal permissioning.
- Design, document, automate and execute test plans.
- Participate in the process of generating and analyzing features.
At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all.
Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.