Scientist ll, Purification
South San Francisco /
Lycia Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company leveraging its lysosomal targeting chimera (LYTAC) platform from Founder and Chemistry Nobel Laureate 2022, Carolyn Bertozzi, to discover and develop first-in-class therapeutics that degrade extracellular and membrane-bound proteins. Lycia’s next generation degraders harness the cell’s endogenous lysosomal trafficking and degradation machinery with the potential to degrade targets previously considered to be intractable, across a spectrum of indications. After raising $105 million in capital in 2021, Lycia is advancing an internal pipeline of novel degraders and has entered a strategic collaboration with Eli Lilly to address key unmet medical needs. Lycia is headquartered in South San Francisco.
Visit https://lyciatx.com/ for more information.
Lycia Therapeutics is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist ll to join the company’s research drug discovery efforts and help lead our biologics purification platform and research capabilities. A successful candidate has thorough knowledge of purification theory and a background in protein structure/function.
What You Will Do:
- Purification of recombinant proteins from CHO/293 media for research pipeline including antibodies, soluble ligands and/or extracellular domain fusions
- Interrogation of biologic entities using biophysical characterization techniques including HPLC, SPR/BLI, DLS, LCMS
- Protein engineering design for lead optimization
- Early formulation development for lead LYTAC programs
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results
- Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams
- Analyze, document, and report data concisely and rigorously
What You Will Bring:
- Ph. D. in biophysics, biochemistry or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-doctoral research in protein structure/function
- Candidates with relevant industry experience will be given preferential consideration for this position
- Expertise in FPLC-AKTA / Unicorn software station and process flows
- Expertise in affinity (Fc, HSA, His, Flag) and traditional protein chromatography (Gel filtration, IEX, HIC, multi-modal resins)
- Demonstrated history of accomplishments via high impact publications and/or advancing molecules from research into pre-clinical/IND activities
- Knowledge of bispecific platforms and applications for lead optimization
- Antibody/protein engineering
$112,000 - $150,000 a year
The expected base salary range for this role is $112,000-$150,000. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there is often flexibility on job title and responsibilities. Compensation will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications and internal equity. Lycia offers a competitive employment package that includes an annual bonus, equity, and a generous benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status