AD Fleet Operations Intern
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Minerva Fleet Ops (4068) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Autonomous driving team is hiring a Process Optimization & Tooling Solutions intern for our Vehicle Testing & efficient Fleet Operations Management team. As an intern, you are responsible for supporting optimization projects for autonomous driving by documenting existing processing, creating efficiency plans, and implementing solutions. You will work hands-on with our Autonomous driving team in Sunnyvale, as well virtually with our German counterparts. This position will include working on automation tool development, so knowledge in process optimization techniques like Value Stream Mapping is highly preferred.
This is a in-person internship from Sunnyvale, CA.
- Analyze and document the current Vehicle Test & Fleet operations process, identifying inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Research and implement process optimization methodologies, working with teams to identify pain points and propose efficient solutions.
- Conceptualize, design, and prototype digital tools and solutions that align with the optimized process, increasing operational effectiveness.
- Develop training materials and conduct informative sessions to ensure seamless adoption of the new process and tools.
- Oversee the rollout of optimized processes and tooling solutions, providing hands-on support during implementation and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Prepare progress reports and communicate findings to management and stakeholders, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Process Optimization techniques (e.g. Value Stream Mapping, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Vehicle Testing and Fleet-Operations
- Valid US Driver's License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)/$32 (Graduate Students)
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS