Vehicle Integration Engineer - 2nd Shift
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Minerva Fleet Ops (4068) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA at the heart of Silicon Valley and with several R&D facilities across the U.S., we bring together engineers, software developers, and designers who are pushing technology boundaries to shape the future. MBRDNA’s Autonomous Driving team is responsible for developing and implementing the next generation of autonomous driving systems together with US-based partners (Luminar, NVIDIA, etc) and colleagues in Germany. Systems include hardware and software.
The purpose of this position is to lead and grow a technical team that develops algorithms and software in the fields of Maps, Localization, Planning, and non-functional software for Mercedes-Benz vehicles of the SAE levels 2-4. Expected are major contributions to the overall architecture and design of Mercedes-Benz vehicles as part of the global MB R&D team in coordination with peer groups in the US, India and in Germany.
- Debug/maintain and integrate systems into vehicle platforms
- Triage reported in-vehicle issues (that could be related to sensors, vehicle ECUs, vehicle communication, data logging equipment, software and more)
- Solve vehicle communication issues, design solutions and raise incidents where necessary
- Be hands-on (incl. disassembling) in vehicles to determine root causes of reported issues
- Be the “first responder” for vehicle issues
- Raise suggestions for improvements to avoid reoccurring issues with the platform
- This is a Second Shift Role – hours are 3pm – 12midnight Monday – Friday with hours / days subject to change as needed for the project
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related fields of study.
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing automotive bus systems and working on vehicles (disassembling and assembling parts of the vehicle) and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas
- In-depth experience with ECU communication/protocols/technologies (e.g. CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet)
- Experience with diverse automotive sensors incl. radars, cameras, ultrasonic and LiDAR
- Must possess a good technical problem solving ability and attitude
- Extended computer (ECU flashing, IP/Ethernet, Linux command line experience) and excellent communication skills required
- Flexibility to work weekend shifts and/or evening shifts
- Ability to sit in vehicle for long periods of time; ability to sit at a desk and work on a compputer
- Valid US Driver's License
- Computer-savvy, ideally experience with scripting languages and Linux OS
- Excellence in trouble shooting and problem solving of Automotive Electronics installations
- Experience with state-of-the-art automotive bus analyzing tools (e.g. Vector CANoe/CANalyzer)
- Worked with latest sensor technology for autonomous driving platforms incl. sensor calibrations
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $111,500 - $139,500.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS