Senior Electrical Engineer Autonomous Vehicle Systems
Test Operations – Vehicle Build (4070) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Develop, plan, integrate, and deploy autonomous vehicle systems with a focus on electronics and electrical architecture, installation, setup, configuration, and maintenance. Conducts calibration, diagnosis, debugging, root cause analysis, repair, and/or replacement of computer hardware, sensors, electronics, and electrical systems in complex vehicle environments. Collaborates with international colleagues on system EE design and layout.
- Develop, integrate, install, maintain, test, debug, and repair prototype autonomous vehicle electrical and electronic systems (computer hardware, sensors, vehicle interfaces, power distribution, etc.). Conduct root cause analyses and document findings.
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues in Germany or other countries on system architecture, design, configuration, modification, repair, replacement, and technical investigations of electrical and electronic components of autonomous systems.
- Support real world testing of autonomous systems and driver assistance systems including measurement data handling.
- Plan and track progress of electrical/electronic tasks using agile development processes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or equivalent
- Able to install, integrate, modify, and maintain prototype electronic and electrical systems in research vehicles and test benches
- Able to build and verify cable assemblies and wire harnesses
- Able to troubleshoot prototype computer, sensor, power, and in-vehicle systems, possibly using diagnostics equipment to determine faults and fix them
- Able to operate and interpret electronics test equipment, including oscilloscope, digital multimeter, AC and DC power supplies, soldering station, and other lab equipment
- Cooperative, responsible, diligent, and supportive team member
- Able to supervise and/or mentor interns and less experienced team members on electrical or electronics related tasks
- Valid Driver's License
- Autonomous vehicle driver certification (desired)
- High voltage certification (desired)
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $122,700 - $153,400.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS