Senior Motor Control Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI /
Powertrain – eDrive Software (4059) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Lead the electric motor control algorithms design and development activities for electrified powertrain, including PHEV/BEV/FCEV applications. Interact with customer, work with different teams and provide solutions and support to meet customers’ expectation.
- Advancing the e-motor control technology through the use of innovation methods, tools and processes. Establishing best practices for e-motor related analysis, controls and testing.
- Lead the E-Motor control algorithm development in Simulink/TargetLink models, auto code generation, algorithm verification and validation through simulation, hardware-in-the-loop and dyno tests. Issue resolution and testing of E-drive systems in dynamometer and vehicle environments. Responsible to deliver system performance that meet the customer’s expectation.
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring; improve communication and knowledge sharing within the organization.
- Interact with customer, suppliers and other teams on requirements, functionality deliveries, issue resolving and all the necessary supports.
- BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or mechanical Engineering, preferably with focus on control algorithms
- 5 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding in theory of AC IPM/Induction motors and their controls for automotive applications
- Familiar with automotive software development processes, particularly requirement management and engineering, aligned with automotive SPICE
- Good analytical skills in modeling, simulation and control algorithm development with Matlab/Simulink/TargetLink
- Self-driven, excellent organization skills, ability to clearly communicate and interact across multiple teams and project management
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineer or similar
- Project management skills to fulfill deadlines for multiple deliveries in parallel and in series
- Embedded software algorithm design and testing on different platforms, such as HIL/Emulator/dyno.
- Experience in motor, inverter hardware and their diagnostic functions
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Understanding of hybrid system fundamentals
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS